Field Operator – (SAP) Super Absorbent Polymer
Purpose of Job:
Carries out and participates in the activities of operating the plant. Includes, trouble shooting, monitoring, logging operating data, plant shutdown and start up. Performing the routine tasks and execute minor maintenance jobs and maintains good housekeeping of plant area.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- Exercises responsibility for safety of specific areas of the plant. Includes operation of the plant in a safe reliable manner, assurance of good housekeeping, safety and safework practices.
- Responsible for the collection of all required samples and monitors unusual analysis and does corrective action.
- Performs necessary works as per DCS operator instructions in operating, controlling, adjusting and regulating temperature, pressure, levels, flow rates, and other operating variables for production of quality and on-specification products.
- Maintains current, detailed knowledge and understanding of process unit equipment, unit operations, principles of operating methods used in the process and the effects of such operations in equipment involved.
- Does periodic rounds of units checking and/or adjusting process equipment as per instruction to ensure proper operation, draw product samples for laboratory analysis and based on laboratory analysis makes necessary changes in operator procedures.
- Operates the instrument control board LCP (Local Control Panel) and works outside on the unit.
- Trains junior operators.
- Does daily field shift report as well as equipment reading sheet and ensure proper hand over to next relief.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follow all routine tasks as per fixed schedule.
- Serves in Plant Emergency Response Team (ERT) and if member, requires to attend fire drills and assists in fire fighting if required.
- Responsible for the adherence to safety instructions applicable to work performed and for adherence to general safety instructions applicable to all plant employees and others.
- Maintains current knowledge of chemical used and handled and ensures adherence to safety and environment procedures and practices.
- Seeks way to continuously improve efficiency, quality and procedures in work environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new tasks and skills, process and methods.
- Prepares and cleans equipment for maintenance.
- Cleans filtration equipment on regular basis.
Science High School Graduate or Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from industrial school.
2 to 5 years operations experience e.g. in petrochemical or chemical industry.
Troubleshooting, systematic execution of operating procedures, English language literacy, PC knowledge and concerned about safety & housekeeping.
About the Company
About the Company
TASNEE erects, manages, operates and owns petrochemical, chemical, plastic, engineering, and metal projects and provides industrial services and markets its products through five major sectors.
Includes Saudi Ethylene and Polyethylene Company (SEPC), Saudi Polyolefins Company (SPC), Saudi Mono-acrylic Company and National Petrochemicals Marketing Company.
Includes National Titanium Dioxide Company (CRISTAL Global).
Includes National Metal Manufacturing & Casting Co. (MAADANIYAH) and National Lead Smelting Co. (RASASS).
Includes Rowad National Plastic Company (ROWAD), National Batteries Company (BATTARIAT), and National Packing Products Company (WATANPAC) .
Includes National Petrochemicals Marketing Company, National Technical Inspection and Testing Co (FAHSS), National Operation and Industrial Services Co. (KHADAMAT), National Environmental Preservation Co. (BEE’AH) and National Industrialization Petrochemicals Marketing Company.