Field Service Engineer
Varian Medical Systems
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
In this position, you are responsible for service, test and maintain Varian Medical Systems equipment according to technical instructions and company guidelines to ensure that customers’ equipment operate efficiently.
Additionally, you perform emergency on site service interventions, to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Service and maintain specific Varian Medical Systems products according to technical documentation provided, to ensure that customers have their equipment in perfect working condition at all times
• Instruct customers in operation and maintenance of Varian products
• Provide phone support / remote assistance to customers
• Order spare parts for assigned customers including replenishing spare parts kits for warranty and contract customers
• Advise customers in ordering spare parts or on service requests
• Input detailed records of service visits into company information systems, including technical problems, actions taken and parts employed to correct these problems
• Maintain up-to-date technical documentation
• Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness
Qualifications & Experience
• Graduate of Technical Institute or University in electronics, electrical / biomedical engineering or related fields or equivalent education
• Approx. 3 years experience in Field Service. Previous experience in radiotherapy service & support preferable
• Knowledge of and sound professional technical experience with microcomputers / PC based systems
• Sound understanding of customers and their requirements
• Sound knowledge of processes and methods used in Medical Device Industries such as product specification, product developments / expansions and product security and safety.
• Sound professional experience of electronic and electro – mechanical engineering, testing equipment used for verification, checkout and calibration
• Trained radiation and electrical safety preferable
• Understanding of processes and systems to motivate and develop individuals
• Fluency in the local language and in English, both written and spoken
• Willing to travel 25% in the country and region
• Willing to work normal and non-normal hours as required to support the customers
• Basic understanding of commercial terms
• Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
• Ability to advise and counsel Junior Field Engineers in technical matters
• Must be mature and tactful
If you are interested and feel qualified, please apply now online.
About the Company
Varian Medical Systems, Inc., headquartered globally in Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes and digital detectors for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies X-ray imaging products for cargo screening and industrial inspection.
More than 5,500 Varian Medical Systems medical linear accelerators are in service around the world. Varian employees - 5100 employees worldwide in its 60 sales and support offices around the world. In the Middle East, Varian has offices in Bahrain, Riyadh and Jeddah with almost 40 employees.