Finance Manager (Marine Operations)
Global leader in Logistics & Maritime Services
Salary circa US$96k (TAX FREE) + full expat Package
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent shipping, logistics and marine service is actively seeking a professional Finance Manager to take on responsibility for all financial planning & reporting as well as control of administrative planning, manpower development and all other administrative routines. The position will report to the General Manager.
The full expatriate package makes this position particularly attractive and this is an excellent opportunity to join a world class organisation in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Direct the development and maintenance of the financial system of accounting, budgeting and reporting, including formulation of policies, procedures and practices as may be necessary for effective financial control of the company, including subsidiaries and associated companies’ books.
• Set up procedures to ensure that all data is available to make analysis of figures in both 1C and company's custom-built accounting system
• Analyse and interpret financial reports and assists the Management in appraising the activities of the different companies in terms of financial results, to facilitate corrective action, whenever required; proactively supports management with critical and important information.
• Plan and execute financial decisions with the General Manager with regards to payment, funds transfer and accountability of company assets and principal’s advance deposits and others financial instruments.
• Responsible for preparation of official and management reporting in accordance with the company's Financial Guide and Accounting Manual, consolidate with follow up of the company budget and other financial positions.
• Activate and lead the development of routines and systems related to company invoicing, disbursement and principals related accounts.
• Prepare, propose and monitor investments in relation to projects agreed by management and or principals.
• Responsible for funds and working capital management of the Companies. Meets the long and short term financial requirements of the company by means of loans, and active Treasury Management.
• Coordinate with the General Manager, the internal and external audits of the Companies and directs and coordinate the development of effective internal control procedures and practices.
• Establish and follow-up “early warning” systems and routines.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with banks, other financial institutions and auditors.
• Responsible for the organization of the accounting staff and work and making sure all employees have competence for their position. Motivate and develop the accounting employees and enhance skills levels. Plan training needs.
• Excellent Russian language skills, both written and oral
• Good English language skills, both written and oral
• Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, MS-Outlook)
• In-depth knowledge of accounting and auditing procedures
• Knowledge of 1C
• Knowledge of IFRS
• Experience and knowledge of Turkmen Tax law an advantage
• Ability to work independently
• Manage, supervise & develop staff
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good negotiating skills
• Strong personality
• Hands on
• Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
About the Company
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.