Job title: Finance Manager
Our client is a leading Luxury Brand retail company operating across the Middle East.
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial advice, guidance and support at country level operations. She/he oversees the operational finance such as general accounting, financial analysis, credit approvals/collections, payments etc, and establishes short-term and long-term objectives with adequate operating plans for future developments.
- Is responsible for the overall finance function of several business units based in a specific area
- Is a service provider of financial information to internal clients and to group headquarters
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the activity of the business units under her/his responsibility; including brands, sales by market, distribution/retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc
- Work closely with operational sales and marketing managers and will be expected to develop excellent knowledge of the business unitsí operating environments (market size, industry trends, competitors etc), challenge the operational teams and their assumptions and propose revisions
- Add visible value to the group and make a notable positive impact on operating key performance indicators, including the Return on Operating Capital Employed (ROCE) of the business units under his / her responsibility
- Manage monthly and annual reporting on a timely basis (reporting into a Business Objects Finance, ex Magnitude package)
- Prepare and analyze budgets, plans and budget revisions working closely the operational teams of the business units (marketing, sales etc), challenge their teams and assumptions and propose revisions.
- Oversee the P&L and balance sheets (margins, stock levels, receivables, payables); analyze and recommend on monthly figures from business units compared to budget and last year.
- Manage the Cashflow, both on a day to day basis and by ensuring that accurate forecasts are made and monitored.
- Provide detailed IRR/payback studies in the group format to justify capital expenditure, including all relevant analysis
- Monitor the returns on investment for all capital expenditure, in particular in retail boutiques
- Optimize the cost structure for units she/he supports
- Liaise with group headquarters and internal customers
- Support operational managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Overall responsibility for accounting accuracy following IFRS and group guidelines
- Assist management team in the continuous process of improving reporting, identifying cost reduction, process improvement opportunities and implement change to gain efficiencies and streamline workflows.
- Assist group headquarters in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management.
- Develop financial processes and procedures, implement reports and controls to ensure effective asset management, and assure budgeting and controls become instrumental in the division's operations.
Audit and control:
- Ensure that there is an adequate internal control environment and that it is properly maintained
- Ensure compliance with group accounting and internal control policies
- Work with internal and external auditors to provide requested supporting documentation and explanations and ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Ensure that the audits are completed on time and the audited financials circulated to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Ensure the safeguard of all assets of the business units (stocks, receivablesÖ) under his / her control
- Coordinate with IT and Operations department
- Ensure that perpetual inventory counts are conducted smoothly, proper procedures are followed and stocks are adjusted periodically.
- Understand and communicate the organizationís priorities to ensure teamís alignment with Groupís objectives
- Supervise assigned personnel (e.g. screening, interviewing, recommending, training, evaluating, etc.) for the purpose of enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring that department outcomes are achieved
- Oversee workload of department for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements
- Ensure proper induction of new employees
- Responsible for conducting periodic performance appraisal to all assigned staff, and for growth, development, engagement and motivation, coaching and guiding of the departmentís employees.
University degree with minimum 2:1, 70% grade average or equivalent, Qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA) with first time passes in all professional examinations
6 - 8 years with a minimum 3 years of post qualification experience (PQE) in a supervisory role
About the Company
About the Company
Binding Partnerships is an exceptional provider of executive search and bespoke recruitment solutions.
With offices located in Dubai and Abu Dhabi we are perfectly positioned to service the growing needs of clients and candidates across the Middle East.
By working in partnership with both our clients and candidates, listening to their needs, researching and then offering confidential, practical and informed advice and solutions we are able to build long-term relationships with the professionals with whom we work.