Finance Manager – GCC
Competitive Salary + Incentives + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a qualified GCC Financial controller within a prestigious MNC based in Dubai.
The ideal candidate will have experience of operating within a B2B sales and manufacturing business with experience of product pricing and reporting across a range of business units.
You will have experience of working in a multi-site, inter-country trading environment and be able to operate, communicate and influence to management, corporate and shareholder level.
You will possess an excellent awareness of all functions including procurement, logistics/warehousing and HR.
The successful candidate must be an advocate of ERP and be able oversee the relevant implementation and uptake of relevant modules throughout the region.
The current candidate for this position has been promoted within the region which goes some way to illustrate the positive long-term career development possibilities which come with Sika.
• Overall control of the finance and accounting functions.
• Maintenance of accounting records and books in alignment with IFRS, Sika’s Controllers’ Handbook and other directives/policies issued by the Group from time to time and local legal requirements.
• Effectively handle all tax related issues (including transfer pricing study) and obtain such external consultancy and advice as may be needed to effectively discharge the company’s responsibilities under the local tax laws.
• Accurate and timely reporting as per Sika’s reporting standard and cycles, including three year plans and budgets.
• Ensuring adequate and correct funding structure, taking into account the business needs.
• Provide an effective MIS to the management team.
• Handling statutory and internal audits
• Total compliance with Sika’s ICS, installing such other internal control systems as per local needs.
• Active part in review and finalization of investment proposals.
• Management of working capital, with specific emphasis on accounts receivable, implementing an effective credit policy in line with Group standards.
• Accuracy in product costing systems and active involvement in pricing decisions.
• Implementations of effective inventory management systems, with specific emphasis on adequate accounting of consumption and periodic inventory verifications.
• Establishing an authority limit and monitor compliance.
• Establish and monitor a ‘quote to cash’ process.
• Efficient management of foreign currency exposure, within the options available to a local Sika Company.
• Establishing adequate insurance coverage of Company’s assets (operating within the global insurance policy of Sika)
• Effective implementation of IT Controls, including but not limited to access rights, data security and backup and disaster recovery systems.
• Active role in selection of hardware and software, within the group standards.
• Overall monitoring of compliance with Group IT policies.
• Ensure that ERP contains all features that are essential for generating accurate management information.
• Monthly payroll.
1. Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality Management and Environmental Health & Safety Management Systems.
2. To undertake any additional responsibilities or duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or manager commensurate within the position.
Chartered Accountant or equivalent
Knowledge of Accounting Principals and practices.
Knowledge of financial reporting
Knowlege of Finance principals
MS Office package, Axapta Software, SAP, Inventory Software.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-gender, multi-national work team, whilst displaying particular sensitivity towards cultural and ethnic differences.
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and anticipate operating environment.
About the Company
About the Company
Sika is a globally integrated company supplying specialty chemicals markets. It is a leader in processing materials used in sealing, bonding, damping, reinforcing and protecting load-bearing structures in Construction and Industry. Subsidiaries in more than 70 countries worldwide and 12 900 employees link customers directly to Sika and guarantee the success of all of its business relationships. With this structure, Sika generates annual sales of CHF 4.6 billion.