Financial Controller – Al Futtaim Group Real Estate
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE)
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim Group which is headquartered in Dubai. AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion
In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive multi-million dollar portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
The two current flagship mixed use urban communities under the Festival City brand are the award winning, Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres).
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller to ensure financial control across the relevant businesses of Dubai Festival City, This includes month end accounting, and fully engaging with the business to prepare plans, budgets, forecasts and monthly variance analysis across the selected portfolios.
This role also includes the preparation of consolidated management accounts and consolidated cash flow projections for Dubai Festival City.
Key Responsibilities of the role will be:
* To ensure that FMR is accurate and timely with appropriate analysis to assist business / functional heads in identifying trends and making informed decisions
* Manage a finance team to deliver on time monthly accounting close and balance sheet integrity
* Contribute to the strategic direction of the business through monthly review and variance reporting and recommendation of improvement initiatives.
* Lead the finance to business consultation process to achieve accurate budgets and forecasts for PnL, BS and Cash flows
* Contribute to finance improvement projects, particularly in relation to reporting automation and process improvements
* Deliver on-time, accurate cash flow reporting continuously seeking improvement opportunities
* Preparation of Consolidated DFC Cash Flows
* Develop reports as required for external and internal purposes including valuations, minority shareholder reports
* Ensure that Audit reports / schedules for statutory and / or internal audits are provided to the auditors as and when required
The Financial Controller shall ensure that the Accounting Policies of Al Futtaim are upheld and that all reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Accounting degree and must be CA or CPA qualified.
* Must have previous experience in an accounting firm, preferably in audit for minimum 2 years;
* Minimum commercial experience of 10 years; with 5+ leading teams of financial professionals
* Demonstrated experience developing management reporting packs and presenting to senior leadership;
* Experience with discounted cash flow valuations/purchase price allocation;
* Experience in property management industry either directly or as consultant/auditor.
* Knowledge of ERP Financial Software, SAP would be preferred
* Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
* Excellent leadership skills
* Accomplished presenter able to present to high level executives
* Strong motivator with track record of leading high performing teams
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.