Our client is a locally owned family group with strong international brands and an industry focus that spans FMCG, Food, Publishing, Trading, Retail and Automotive. They currently seek a Financial Controller for their Publishing sector.
Key member of the Senior management team at the Business Unit.
- Responsible for Annual Business Planning and Budgeting in close coordination with Business Unit Head.
- Consolidation, review and analysis of Monthly MIS reports and periodic Budget reviews.
- Preparation of Feasibility studies for new growth opportunities, capital expenditure, marketing promotions and operational investments.
- Commercial and Financial review of all types of contracts and agreements especially relating to procurement, capital expenditure and marketing.
- Improve reporting capabilities to monitor key business drivers on a regular basis and share the analysis with senior management for appropriate action.
- Ensure Budgetary control and compliance with policies and procedures. Put in place a monitoring mechanism to ensure implementation of Financial/Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Develop a compliance framework and a robust team to strengthen internal controls across the business.
- Handle Business Processes Reengineering projects to improve productivity.
Financial Reporting and Treasury
- Provide comprehensive financial accounting, reporting and analysis support to the entire business.
- Responsible for Revenue Accounting and Cost Accounting in compliance with IFRS.
- Handle Statutory, Internal and other types of periodic audits and implement the Audit recommendations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Working capital management especially in relation to Receivables and Inventory. Assist in reviewing Credit requests and strictly monitor Receivables quality.
- Ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Ensure timely submission of required information and periodic reports to Regional/Corporate Office.
- Handle treasury function, investment of surplus funds and operational Banking relationships.
- Key member of ERP (Oracle) implementation team to ensure smooth transition for the Business Unit.
Leadership of Finance Team
- Provide leadership to the Finance team
- Responsible for talent development and succession planning in the Finance function.
- Chartered Accountant with around 8-12 years of post-qualification experience at a senior level in Finance function.
- Business Unit level Commercial and Finance experience in Media, Printing, Manufacturing industry is desirable.
- Candidates having UAE/GCC experience would be given preference.
- Experience of interacting with senior management, Auditors and Banks.
- Able to demonstrate leadership and team management skills.
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, project management, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Financial modeling.
About the Company
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of HR, Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Management Consulting and Engineering recruitment expertise. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. It’s all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
We’re growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.
Areas of specialties we recruit for are: Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Executive Search, Banking & Financial Services, Management Consulting and Engineering.