Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Financial Controller, DIFC
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide insight into and understanding of the Financial Performance of the DIFC operation along the market and regulatory environment within which we operate
- To ensure high standards of quality and professional Financial Management is met at all times
- To ensure that statutory, regulatory and Group procedures and requirements are fully complied with
- To plan, direct, design and develop an efficient and reliable system for delivering Management Information to provide a concrete tool that facilitates and assists in the planning, control and management of the Bank's business
- To ensure, in conjunction with Group Tax, that the Bank's taxation affairs are efficiently and effectively managed
- Assist Businesses in identification, feasibility and implementation of new initiatives and business drivers
- To provide commercial and financial input to Business units for strategy formulation in keeping with the Group's strategic needs and to facilitate the commercial decision-making process
- To initiate and co-ordinate the formulation of the annual business operating plans, budgets and further plans; to monitor progress towards their achievements, drawing attention to important trends, and to opportunities for maximization of earnings and minimization of risk
- To ensure that the financial statements and returns of the SCB's operations in DIFC are prepared in compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements as well as Group standards/practices
- To develop and run the business financial information systems to facilitate decision-making by Business Heads
- Ensure that adequate accounting and other supporting records and internal control systems are properly maintained
- ALCO member assisting businesses in planning and risk identification and mitigation
- To play a leading part in managing the Bank's operational financial structure in DIFC (including areas such as funding, liquidity, Foreign Currency position, equity, lending limits and risks) and to evaluate the need for changes to the capital structure as deemed necessary
- To carry out the evaluations of local projects of capital and revenue nature in accordance with Group guidelines, including significant issues and contribute fully to their implementation. To also conduct ""value for money"" review and post expenditure reviews
- To monitor the capital expenditure to ensure adherence to budgeted limits
- Implementation of Country Risk Global policies across business / country
- Upgrade the management accounting and information system to keep pace with the highly complex and changing Regulatory environment;
- The most critical area where the exercise of judgement is crucial is giving advice on the preparation of the annual budgets/forecasts/business plans and asset/liability management.
How To Apply
To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 19/07/2012. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
- Degree level or equivalent education in a numerical discipline such as finance or accounting
- Strong preference for a qualified accountant or MBA finance holder
- You should have solid experience within financial services and banking from a broad accounting role such as a financial controller position
- Experience should include leading financial statement preparation under IFRS, budgeting and liquidity
- You will be able to challenge the actions and views of senior stakeholders effectively and have strong English language skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group's business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.