Jerry Varghese International (JVI)
Senior Specialist-Finance (Monitoring and Budgeting)
Reports to (Position): Manager, Health Insurance
Your principal accountability as a Finance Specialist will be to assist in the provision of high quality advice that is consistent, relevant and timely, to health insurance manager with regards to financial performance and budget of the Health Insurance Company. You will work closely with your manager in delivering policy advice, financial decision support and budgeting of the basic health insurance package to the SCH leadership.
Nature and Scope of Position:
You will be accountable to Health Insurance Manager for the following duites:
• Provision of consistent, relevant, and timely advice to designated clients and maintain client relationships
• Actively contribute to the provision of timely, relevant, high quality analysis and advice to the Department’s Executives and the Treasurer on important policy issues
• HIC budget planning, review and appraisal
• Follow the work of the HIC in terms of financing health care institiutions
• Follows and monitors contracts between healthcare proivders and HIC
• Create and update register of contracts between HIC and healthcare providers
• Collects information on the implementation of contract between HIC and healthcare providers
• Analyses and settles disputes stemming from the contracts
• Review and advise on HIC’S Finance and Accounting policies, processes and procedures
• Review and advise on HIC’s premium setting through actuarial analysis, payment methodologies, and fee schedules
• Active participation in the development, implementation and review of strategic and business plans of the Department
• Any other work designated by manager
They are looking for Arab candidates
Kindly send me your updated C.V. in Word format and also let me know your current and expected salary.
It will be great if you recommend some of your friends and colleagues for the above.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, contribute to and encourage a culture of team work and service delivery excellence and take a shared responsibility for achieving results.
• Proven ability to liaise effectively, including consultation and negotiation, with a range of stakeholders, to facilitate their cooperation and support to achieve desired outcomes and to establish and maintain strong and productive working relationships.
• Sound analytical and research skills, and the ability to think creatively and laterally and exercise initiative as appropriate.
• Ability to provide high quality advice, including preparing and presenting financial reports and recommendations in a clear, concise and logical manner.
• Sound written and verbal communication and presentation skills which result in effective and appropriate communication with a broad range of people.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve goals and meet deadlines, including dealing with competing demands and managing multiple projects and tasks in a complex environment.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and/or political issues with tact and diplomacy and maintain complete confidentiality
Related Experience, Education & Training:
• Requires minimum of 8 years experience of which at least 4 years in Healthcare Financing setting.
• Skills, knowledge, and abilities normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Economics or any other related streams. Candidates with Masters degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be given preference.
• Requires experience sufficient to demonstrate expertise in:
1. Working in an administrative or professional office environment;
2. Word processing, Outlook, Excel and internet applications;
3. Undertaking financial and business analysis;
4. Knowledge of public sector financial frameworks and processes and the requirements associated with these;
5. Experience with Auditing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Budgeting, Accounts Receivable, Financial Systems, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Contracting and Procurement, Actuarial Services and Contracts Management will be an advantage;
6. Written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English;
7. Good judgment and exercise sound decision-making skills, and maintain strict confidentiality;
8. Adapt to a changing work environment and schedule;
9. Interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
About the Company
About the Company
Jerry Varghese is a frontrunner group in professional recruitment solutions. We are consultants who provide integrated, comprehensive and cost effective placements in business, industry and government. Having a major presence in the Middle East, we are involved in staffing on a global scale.
For the last 25 years we have been employing our global sourcing expertise to couple with the understanding of the recruitment dilemmas faced by the GCC employers to provide tailor made solutions helping address specific recruitment challenges of the current times.
We excel in 11 industry verticals and staff our client’s varied manpower requirements irrespective of the type and the scales.
Jerry Varghese is fully geared to take up the most complex recruitment assignments and complete them with ease and on time. Repeatedly recognized by our client and candidate communities alike, our values, commitment and expertise truly make your search for human resources, end at our doorsteps.