Financial Tax Accountant
Line Manager: Financial Controller, Middle East Region
Accountable To: Financial Controller, Middle East Region
Assistance To: Department Heads
This role has three distinct parts and is ideally suited to a Financial Accounting graduate with some tax knowledge and a keen interest in getting a rounded experience of performing a full range of accounting functions in a large multinational. There will be an excellent level of career development for the right candidate.
1. Run the full Finance function for the Kuwait operation (Annual Revenues of USD 6m, 26 members of staff).
2. File an accurate set of monthly financial accounts for the Kuwait operation.
3. Manage the annual tax filings in the Middle East business.
Objectives of the Position
1. Prepare accurate and on-time accounting returns and maintain an excellent level of accuracy in the Financial System.
2. Maintain a 100% record in financial compliance with zero audit exceptions.
3. Run the country finances, wage payments, bank relationships and other financial support.
4. Manage the liquidity of the business.
5. Ensure that annual tax filings are completed on time for the Middle East region.
6. Develop excellent knowledge of the financial system.
7. Provide financial support to the other Regional Finance Managers and complete shared regional processes.
1. Accounting Submissions
The requirement is for 100% accuracy of accounting submissions that are in line with all relevant accounting standards and comply with both internal and external audit standards.
To achieve this, the candidate must be prepared to build relationships with the Department Heads and Project Managers to gain their trust and confidence and ensure that submissions (Timesheets, Invoicing, Approvals and Project Cost Forecasts) are received on time and in line with the financial timetables.
Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed monthly.
2. Financial Management
- Accurate and on-time payment of salaries.
- Maintain the balance between managing the business liquidity whilst paying Creditors sufficiently timely to ensure that the business operations or reputation are not impeded.
- Speed up debt recovery by working with the Project Managers and developing relationships inside the client’s finance teams.
- Ensure that projects are being reported correctly in line with the Group Revenue Recognition Policy and that the accounts are published in line with International Accounting Standards.
- Provide Financial Support in the form of accurate reports and advice to the department heads to enable them to manage their individual sections of the business.
- Keep the business liquid by ensuring that billings are generated and debt is recovered quickly.
- Take a lead role alongside the Country Director in the monthly project reviews and deputy for the Senior Finance Manager for the region when requested.
3. Project Financial Management
- Involvement in the project financials from Go/No-Go stage.
- Understand the risks involved in the projects and provide early warning to your Line Manager of any cost or schedule over-runs on projects.
- Support the Directors and Department Heads with the Financial Information to expand the business correctly.
- Provide Cost-Benefit Analysis for investment decisions.
- Instigate projects as a regional finance team to support the stability and development of the business, such as Variance Analysis and improved Excel models.
- Ensure that your own staff are working to SMART objectives and are being developed to achieve these targets. Carry out quarterly performance reviews at a minimum.
- Work with HR to maintain a handle on the Employment liabilities in the business such as annual leave, time in lieu and gratuity payments.
- Develop excellent working relationships with the Department Heads, the Country Director and the Project Managers so that you understand the projects in the business and gain the trust of the team.
6. Tax and Statutory Reporting
Where necessary, ensure timely filing of tax and statutory reporting.
- Assist the Regional Finance Manager in the consolidation of accounting processes across the Middle East Region.
- Increasing involvement in the Financial Management of projects.
1. Accounting Qualification at degree level or higher.
2. Rigorous attention to detail.
3. Knowledge of International or US GAAP accounting standards.
4. Knowledge of corporate tax filings and preparation (specific Middle East tax knowledge is desirable but not necessary).
5. Strong communication and team-working skills.
6. “Can do” attitude and pleasant yet firm working demeanour.
7. Motivated, self starter, with a desire to learn and seek out areas of continuous improvement.
About the Company
About the Company
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services for power, infrastructure, industrial and commercial, and federal projects and programs.