First Visual Merchandiser Specialist – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
Com & In Manager is primarily responsible for leading the Com & In department in securing the overall visual and inspirational level inside of the IKEA store. The IKEA store should by visitors be perceived as being a source of inspiration, tips and ideas as well as a qualified home furnishing specialist providing home furnishing solutions in order to help maximise Sales.
Jobs and Responsibilites:
* To support the store with expertise to secure that the commercial level regarding range presentation and visual merchandising is optimised and that there is a common thread throughout the store
* Com & In Manager is responsible to secure that time plans and budgets set by the Store Manager are followed for all work related to changing and updating all areas of the IKEA store in sync with the Commercial Calendar
* Developing and implementing the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility
* You and your department are also responsible for the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores' commercial calendars
* You work with the Country Comm. In Manager to plan and organise marketing activities related to the commercial calendar.
* To work as a team with the rest of the Commercial team (ISL and Sales) in order to achieve the store sales target and the level of inspirations agreed with the Store management.
* Contribute with your expertise to achieve the store sales target
* Accountable for maintaining the store budget for the Com & In department
* The IKEA store should provide a vibrant and exciting atmosphere that convince the visitors to come back for more repeat visits
* You ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented throughout the whole store
* You plan and lead major changes in the store including building up new room sets, new homes, new departments
* To provide Comm & In support to the Expansion team
* To provide a vibrant and enthralling environment to the Staff and Back Office areas.
* Trinity working with Sales and ISL.
* Ensure that all Com & In co -workers have receive the necessaryÂ training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents
* Make sure all co-workers having properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
* Manage the recruitment of the Comm & In department. Ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions
* Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Applicant should be a University Degree holder.
* Minimum 5 years interior design/visual merchandising experience.
* Deep interest in and highly developed knowledge of home furnishings and the way people live
* Project management experience
* Store layout planning experience
* Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills, Effective Communication, Excel competence.
* Customer Focussed
* Individual Accountability
* Continuous Improvement
* Personal Leadership
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.