Food & Beverage Manager – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Food & Beverage Manager – IKEA Dubai Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Ensuring that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented in the Restaurant, Swedish food market, Bistro and co-workers restaurant
* Together with the Communication & Interior Design Manager securing that the IKEA store provides a range presentation in the Restaurant, Swedish food market and Bistro areas
* Applying sales methods in accordance with the Food & Beverages and Customer Service the 'IKEA way' manual
* Ensuring the implementation of the sales objectives defined in the IKEA Food & Beverage sales budget
* Setting standards for the store operating procedures in the Restaurant, Swedish food market, Bistro and co-workers restaurant areas
* Staying in contact with the international guidelines provided by IKEA Food Services regarding range and supplier set up
* Ensuring that the health and safety of visitors and co-workers meets all local standards and regulations and exceeds to the HACCAP standards
* Developing the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility
* Ensuring that all IKEA Food & Beverages co-workers are properly trained
* Contributing to the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores' commercial calendar
* Setting prices on products, budgeting, sales results, operational costs, operational results and follow-up of all IKEA Food & Beverages in the store
* Maintaining basic knowledge of the local restaurant market and in-depth knowledge of the competition on the market
In addition to be seriously considered for this role you must have:
* A minimum of 5-7 years food service management experience preferably in a high volume business
* Strong interest and knowledge of the food service industry
* Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
* Customer focus
* Highly developed networking skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to build working relationships
* Proven leadership abilities
* Ability toÂ motivate and develop the subordinates
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.