Freight Operations Executive
Al Futtaim Group
Freight Operations Executive | Alfa Egypt
Al-Futtaim's Retail Division holds a stable of world class brands operating in buoyant markets with huge growth prospects. Some of our brands are Marks & Spencer, Toys R Us, Ace, IKEA , Guess, Esprit, Plug-Ins as well as Robinsons with a range of smaller brands selected for their appeal to the markets in which we operate. We currently operate our Retail outlets across the GCC, Levant, Egypt and in South East Asia.Alfa Egypt Trading Co is the Al-Futtaim Retail Divisions Egypt Operating Company. We have enjoyed phenomenal success throughout Egypt. We are in the final stages of outline planning for massive growth and need to prepare for the next phase of this program in Egypt.
We are currently seeking to hire a Freight Operations Executive , to be based for our Egypt Operations;Reporting to Operations Manager - Freight & Clearance of the Retail Division . As a Freight Operations Executive you will be responsible for providing the Customs Clearance requirements across categories of products imported into Egypt, preparation of any required documentation, liaise with the Customs Clearance agent on a daily basis to find the shipments in Clearance, Follow up and Final Clearance in accordance with the guidelines set by Operations Manager.
Your key accounatbilties will include:
* Regular Follow up for the shipments under clearance.
* Shipment Clearance Lead time report preparation.
* Listing out reasons for delay and communication of the same.
In addition you will be responsible for:
* Preparation of Clearance lead time reports desired and monitor
* Understand requirements from the Customs Clearance Agent and advise Operations Manager accordingly
* Understand the Clearance requirements in terms of Documentation
* Preparation of any documentation required for clearance - Liaise with Logistics Executive for any other sample requirements for testing
* Coordinate with Operations Manager to ensure Lead time targets are achieved
* Maintain proper recordkeeping / filing of all the documents prepared, Export/Import Documentation and Reports prepared
Suitable candidates should have the following skills and experience:
* A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, preferably with Logistics background.
* At least 2 years of experience dealing with Customs Clearancen Agents in Egypt
* Documentation and Report Preparation as per job required formats
* MS Office and Computer Skills
* Preferably well versed with the documentation required for Customs Clearance procedures
* Result oriented
* Documentation Skills
You must be based in Egypt and preferably an Egyptian National to be considered for this role
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.