GM – MEP
• To structure and develop the overall MEP department as a specific cost centre.
• To manage, coordinate and review the technical aspects of all MEP projects to ensure compliance to international standards and project specifications.
• To study tender documentation, drawings and designs for MEP construction works.
• To coordinate with Project Head, MEP Consultant and Subcontractors/Vendors.
• To monitor progress of MEP at site through site MEP and project team.
• Review MEP Designs and extract the relevant information to enable the administration of procurement to comply with project specifications and program.
• Manage all aspect of the Facilities Management Department to include operational activities, maintenance coordination and scheduling, and departmental cost performance.
• Attend Client meetings and weekly site visits.
• MEP infrastructure planning, tender analysis and contract management.
• Assist Estimating with Bidding and Preconstruction, defining/developing scope of work for MEP and evaluating subsequent bids.
• Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP trades.
• Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout duration of the project (from Groundbreaking through Commissioning and hand over to Client).
• Assist Scheduling department with developing detailed CPM schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
• Monitor the installation and start-up of MEP systems and commissioning of project with Engineer & Client.
• Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project Manager and site staff.
• Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed by Project Manager, Project Director and Client.
• Supervise, develop and mentor MEP Project Engineers and identify areas for improvement.
• To investigate and collate all information required to enable HDI to have all relevant licenses for all services.
• To develop the ‘added value’ items to maximize the margins and other superior services to the client.
Qualifications: Graduate of either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Languages: Excellent command of the English Language with both written and
Computer Skills: Good command of Microsoft office and outlook with a good working
knowledge of AutoCAD and an understanding of Primavera program
Years of Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience within the Mechanical/Electrical
Engineering Management Field
General Skills and experience:
• In depth knowledge of all MEP installation methods and technical requirements
• Ability to plan work management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and efficient handling of clients and other consultants.
• General knowledge of construction principles and practices.
• General understanding of Building, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Codes and regulations.
About the Company
Hamilton International are leaders in the interior design market here in the GCC. We've come a long way; growing at the same rapid pace as the country we started in (UAE), fitting out much of its interiors. From those early days we now boast an award winning design team, consisting of professionals recognized for their innovative and uniquely crafted design/build solutions.
Hamilton International now employ over 1000 staff capable of maintaining the highest standards of quality in every area of our business. Expect a creative & dynamic environment, business excellence and honest product communication, unique customer service through relationship building, broad range of project experience, an integrated approach to sustainable design and build.. all delivered to award winning standard.