Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production (OOCEP)
Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production LLC (OOCEP) is currently seeking to appoint an experienced Geologist in our Exploration team. Reporting to the Exploration Manager the role will be based in Muscat - Sultanate of Oman.
Job Responsibilities & Activities
This will be a functional position in exploration discipline and incumbent would drive regional to prospect level geological studies with reference to source rock and hydrocarbon geochemistry, depositional environment analysis and petroleum system/basin modelling in order to support integrated geosciences workflows for OOCEP exploration blocks. Also have to play an active role in assisting geo-science decisions in new acreage acquisitions as and when initiated by Oman Oil Company E&P LLC (OOCEP).
• Responsible for geological analysis within the exploration team with focus on regional to prospect level petroleum system, source rock and hydrocarbon geochemistry and depositional environment analysis and modelling.
• Interpret and integrate G&G data to define play uncertainty, risk and volume.
• Interpret and develop structural and stratigraphic cross sections.
• Study and analyse published literature and data to understand crustal configuration frame out tectonic episodes and heat flow models to suggest uncertainties about maturity and expulsion timing.
• Scope, interface and QC sedimentological, paleontological and geochemistry studies.
• Proactively identify, delineate and propose areas and regions from exploration potential and play fairway concepts. Identify unconventional shale gas/oil potential.
• Play an active role in exploration play discussions raising OOCEP profile by participating in international geo-sciences conferences and workshops
• Mentor junior staff to minimize their transition into self sufficiency for geological interpretation work.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Experience, Skills
• BSc / Masters in Geology, with high level technical knowledge in petroleum system analysis, geochemistry and basin modelling.
• Minimum 10 years experience in petroleum geological interpretation. Should have evolved skills in geochemistry and depositional environment analysis.
• Familiarity and exposure to 1D/2D/3D basin modelling softwares and structural restoration methods.
• Exposure to workstation based geological interpretation work flow on industry leading G&G softwares like Landmark/Petrel/SMT etc.
• Strong interpersonal with effective oral and written communication. Results oriented with ability to prioritize and deliver results.
• Ability to develop and mentor local junior staff
• Excellent communications skills
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
About the Company
Oman Oil Company Exploration & Production LLC (OOCEP) is an upstream Oil & Gas company based in the Sultanate of Oman. Initially having operated as a division of Oman Oil Company SAOC (OOC), OOCEP is now a subsidiary of OOC following the Company's incorporation as a separate legal entity in 2009. OOCEP has numerous assets and diversified interests in Oil & Gas exploration and production both inside and outside Oman.