Graphic Designer – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Graphic Designer – IKEA Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
ABOUT THE JOB
To secure a high level of visual presentation of the IKEA product range and thereby strengthen IKEA as the home furnishing specialist and in order to reach the set commercial goals of the store.
Your tasks will include:
* Responsible for ensuring the visual/graphic communication inside and outside the IKEA store is in line with the IKEA identity and high-level of standards
* Planning, designing the lay-out, printing and implementing the store communication
* Suggest effective communication to support the store's growth in turnover, inspire visitors and ensure that the store have the correct level of customer guidance communication
* Work with the Communication and Interior Design, Sales and Logistics teams in planning and implementing the store's business plan and in-store commercial activities and promotions
* Physically implement communication in the store. Setting-up action plans, follow-ups and hands-on involvement is required
* Carry-out daily maintenance routine to ensure that the communication inside and outside the store looks good, neat and tidy and safe for the customers to shop
* Daily coordination, collaboration and working with different departments and all work functions in the store such as sales, logistics and Communication and Interior Design team to adjust, change or discuss and plan communication strategies to increase the sales.
* Working independently or with a big team, and frequent interaction with customers
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Extensive experience of working in a graphic communications team within IKEA, an advertising agency or retail design studio (minimum 3-5 years)
* Higher education qualification in graphic communication design, media and typography
* A passion for graphic communication, design, home furnishing and retailing and curiosity for people's life at home
* Computer proficient with knowledge (MS office) and experience of using graphic design software (e.g. the Adobe Creative suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc) and production tools (e.g. printers, pre-press production and print techniques)
* Creative and commercial visual competence with a keen eye for, and a good appreciation of, aesthetics in graphic design
* A proven commitment to high quality execution within limited time frames. Attention to detail with a keen eye for aesthetics
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-reliant and motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a larger team `
* Good analytical skills, multi-tasking abilities, driven to learn new things
* Willingness to work in high volume, fast paced retail environment with exposure to conditions of carpentry and painting
* Full mobility is required, able to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs. (25kg), install small communication boards
* Willingness to wear uniform. Willingness to work long hours, on weekends or overnight shifts whenever required
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.