After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Group Health & Safety Manager
1. Design, develops and implements the Health and Safety Management System by assessing for the adherence of the policies and procedures.
2. Sets and monitors objectives ensuring achievement or steering changes to ensure positive outcomes.
3. Monitors changes in International Standards in Health and Safety and sets objective for incorporating standards or changes that benefit the Group.
4. Designs and formulates the risk assessment system to identify risks and set up preventive measures to provide a safe working environment.
5. Advises in areas of fire regulation and post fire information in all facilities or locations and conducts fire drills and sets the schedules for the Groups fire drills.
6. Conducts daily checks on sites, camps, or any company facility or location where employees are engaged at work as per the checklist and evaluate the performance of HSO and thereby performing periodic audits on documentation content.
7. Prepares a training schedule and properly documents the classes and its participants including the site of the training and complies with the Learning and Development section.
8. Prepares a monthly schedule of activities with the other HSO to ensure that all facilities are monitored, reported and follow-up.
9. Maintains records of all incidents and accidents and completes the incident reports and provide an analysis with recommendations for improvements.
10. Ensures that H & S requirements are met before and when workplace alterations or changes are made or new equipment is installed.
11. Trains employees on response to emergencies and chairs the Emergency Evacuation Committee.
12. Ensure that refresher courses to First Aiders are provided yearly.
13. Designs a system to manage and performs checks or audits on machinery to ensue that it is functioning properly.
14. Partners with recruitment to ensure that site inductions to alert the new staff members of the project are conducted.
15. Ensures that monthly training sessions with site supervisors and foremen on health and safety policies and enforcement are conducted.
16. Monthly prepares and recommends fines for violation with other Safety Officers and monitor for improvement.
17. Supervises the Company Nurse with issues in regards to Health and Safety of employees; especially with performance of preventative measures after accident or incidents.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE CERTIFICATE
• Bachelors degree in health/hygiene or safety management or 5 yr. relevant experience in the same role
• tertiary qualification in occupational health/hygiene or health and safety management considering 7 yr. relevant experience in the same position
• Certified First Aid Instructor required.
• ICDL Certification
TRAINING AND TRAINING COURSES
• NEBOSH, OSHA or any other health and safety certification programs
• First Aid
• Supervisory skills
• Conflict Management
• Disciplinary Actions/Safety violation communications
SKILL AND LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to write clearly and concisely for documentation and legal purposes
• Knowledge of work related illness and injuries and rehabilitative strategies
• Knowledge of safety measures, equipment and technology driven products and machinery for health and safety
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Excellent observational skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
About the Company
The DESERT GROUP, with its headquarters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is an exclusive selection of businesses focusing on premier landscape leisure and lifestyle solutions in the MENA region. Operating in a highly specialized, integrated environment to ensure quality, DESERT GROUP companies manage large scaled turnkey projects, as well as, selling and distribution of wholesale and retail products.
The DESERT GROUP consists of Desert Landscape, its premier company, pioneering innovative landscaping projects in the United Arab Emirates; Desert Leisure, providing accomplished first rate swimming pools and water features for residential and commercial projects; Desert Turfcare, coordinating supreme turf installation and maintenance services and trading of leading turf products, Dubai Garden Center, offering unique indoor and outdoor plants, pots, furniture and installation services and Wahat al Sahraa, producing and supplying unsurpassed nursery products.
The Desert Group offers an excellent work environment along with opportunities for personal and professional development.