Group Leader, Receiving – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Group Leader Receiving (X2) - IKEA Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Leader - Receiving to join our new IKEA store opening in Doha. The purpose of this role is to ensure that the IKEA storeÂ provides the highest possible service level to customers and optimises the stock levels at lowest possible cost, by making sure that all working methods described in IKEA Logistics manuals are implemented and that the IKEA store achieves high efficiency in goods movement.
* To Plan and perform on a daily and weekly basis all receiving of goods to the store, by recording the time and supplier information on the Timing Board. Also, to keep on track with the information in the system.
* To Work closely with the Range & Logistics Department in the store to keep update with the inventory that must be received.
* To Handle all pallet tools and securing that these are packed and sent back to the distribution centre they came from.
* To Continuous preventive maintenance of all counterweight trucks used in the goods receiving area.
* To Preserve the Goods Receiving areas are clean, tidy and safe.
People Management and Development
* To Manage all co-workers that work in the goods receiving area, by focusing in unloading trucks and moving these goods to the staging areas.
* Ensure all co workers that operate any type of machinery especially fork lift trucks are properly trained and licensed to prevent any work related accidents.
* Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings.
* Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
* Provide the In Store logistics manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
* To ensure that all receiving co-workers and internal customers adhere to the pre scribed safety and security routines.
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* High School Education/Post Graduate Certification
* 1-2 years retail supervisory experience, goods-flow/supply knowledge preferred
* Comfort with physical work, including heavy lifting
* Good written and verbal English
* PC Literate
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.