Group Leader, Replenishment Ė IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Group Leader, Replenishment (X2) - IKEA Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Leader - Replenishment to join our new IKEA store opening in Doha. The purpose of this role is to¬†be responsible for¬†the replenishment process in sales spaces prior to the store opening by taking advantage of IKEA Goods Flow Concept to strengthen IKEA's position as the best home furnishing store.
* To work with colleagues in other functions in order to drive sales growth and sustained, long-term profitability.¬†
* Co-operation with the Warehouse Group Leader and secure a tight co-operation between Goods receiving and the team that works on replenishment of the Market hall
* Co-operation with the Shopkeepers plan all changes in the commercial areas so that goods movement and replenishment can be optimised
* To achieve sales space replenishment with flexibility and volume taken into consideration when merchandise to the sales floor from the stockroom using replenishment reports
* To assists in the stocking/merchandising of incoming truck shipment to the sales floor and stockroom
* To make use of product knowledge and article information in performing the replenishment task
* To prevent maintenance of all equipment used in the replenishment process like pallet jacks etc
* To Work overnight filling the shelves and prepares the store when customers are not present, which eliminates safety issues for customers such as tripping over empty boxes
* Making sure that all empty boxes are removed and the area is ready for customers before store opening
People Management and Development
* Manage a team of co workers that work with replenishment including recruitment and training of their competence
* Plan the weekly schedules of all co workers
* Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-¬† workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
* Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
* Provide the In Store logistics manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
* To ensure that all receiving co-workers and internal customers adhere to the pre scribed safety and security routines
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* High school education/post graduate certification
* 1-2 years retail supervisory experience, goods-flow/supply knowledge preferred.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the departments within the store
* Ability to lift heavy weight
* Good written and verbal English
* PC Literate
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groupís continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groupís belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.