Kuwait Energy Company (KEC)
POSITION OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE:
Managing and directing the Human Resource Department, ensuring that HR policies and procedures are aligned with KEC’s mission and objectives and ensuring that HR processes are delivered in a professional and proactive manner in the Company.
• Responsible to contribute towards the formulation of HR strategy, budgets, policies, and procedures
• Prepare and lead the implementation of HR goals and objectives, in alignment with business needs
• Prepare and lead the implementation of HR strategy in line with business strategy by implementing HR process, policies, and procedure
• Develop organizational structures, job grading, performance management, compensation and benefits and training development plans for the organization.
• Implement and follow up KPI’s system for the company
• Oversee Company’s yearly performance appraisals
• Develop manpower plan and succession plan
• Oversee monthly payroll and prepare costing reports
Job Duties & Tasks:
• Develop strategic corporate HR objectives
• Design and conduct corporate manpower planning and succession schemes
• Conduct initial interview with candidate
• Prepare, set and apply employee performance appraisal scales and standards according to the applicable policy
• Investigate and resolve staff problems, queries and complaints referred to HRD
• Identify the professional recruitment agencies and assess the strategy in dealing with them
• Advice regarding promotion requests, salary adjustment and recruitment
• Identify legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensures their compliance with the Kuwaiti Labor Law
• Establish and maintains new employee orientation program
• Respond to staff inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
• Run monthly payroll and coordinate with Finance Department when needed
• Prepare Company’s annual HR budget
• Conduct exit interviews
• Study reports for absenteeism and turnover, and provides appropriate solution
• Prepare employees training plan based n their performance appraisals and budget
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Minimum Academic Qualifications
1. Bachelor degree in Business Administration
2. Professional certification in HR
3. Professional certification in Training is desirable
1. Having knowledge of business sector of company
Strong experience in managing the HR function
2. High Organization skills
4. Discretion and Business Ethics
5. Dual Focus
6. Employee Trust
8. Dedication to Continuous
9. Strategic Orientation
10. Team Orientation
Required Competencies (List 5 of the most appropriate enabling)
1. Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
2. Ability to architect and drive change
3. Ability to lead in a global, matrixes environment
4. A flexible team player with a proven ability to work successfully in a matrix reporting environment.
5. Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
6. Good appearance and tactful personality
7. Strong character and diplomatic personality
8. Leadership capacity
9. Ability to delegate
10. Managerial experience
12. Good communication skills
13. Excellent organization skills
14. Visioning, strategy and planning
15. Decision making
16. Professional development
17. Team work and leadership
Minimum Work Experience (specify # of years, type of experience, etc.)
1. At least 5 years of HR generalist.
2. Training in time management, leadership, HR strategy and communication skills
3. Preferable to have experience in FCMG.
4. ISO experience would be an advantage
About the Company
About the Company
Established in Kuwait in August 2005, Kuwait Energy Company is an independent Oil & Gas Exploration and Production company. Kuwait Energy Company prides itself as an Oil & Gas company with extensive knowledge of the Middle East region with outstanding relations with host governments, national oil companies and international companies that operate in the Middle East.
Kuwait Energy has a high quality and diverse portfolio of oil and gas assets and is focused on exploration, production and development of oil and gas reserves in the MENA and Eurasia regions.
Headquartered in Kuwait, the Company’s regional offices include Cairo, Sana’a, Baghdad, Basra, Ukhta and Kiev, overseeing operations in eight countries namely Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Oman, Ukraine, Latvia, Russia and Pakistan. Our participation interests range from 15% to 100% across our exploration and producing assets, providing a balance of risk diversification with significant upside exploration potential.