A Leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi
This job description is current at the time of issue. Variation may occur to these duties to reflect the changes in or to the Company’s environment and will be advised to you by the management. These tasks involve work in any of the Company appropriate to your skills.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
HSE Policies and Procedures:
• Develop, coordinate and supervise the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive occupational health and safety program designed to prevent injury, occupational illness and damage to company property.
• Draft and recommend safety and health directives and maintain company safety related manuals including preparation and distribution of appropriate updates.
• Determine the applicability of administrative and regulatory requirements and other health and safety laws and implement applicable regulations and standards. Maintain current knowledge of legislation, regulations and practices in safety and health and advise management regarding the impact on company operations.
• Establish and implement safety training objectives. Plans and schedules in the area of health and safety. Conduct or provide for safety/health related training. Maintains records and database of employee training, medical examinations, licenses and certification.
• Review the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on a semiannual basis.
• Ensure that Local Policy Statements/Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments are produced and quality assured.
• Develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies and make recommendations on the implementation of these strategies.
• Review and develop health and safety policies, procedures and guidance, in keeping with best practice and make recommendations on their implementation and application.
• Consult with project managers and other line managers and give appropriate advice on formulating best-practice policies and procedures.
• Liaise with the Local Authority Health and Safety department to ensure company policies, practices and procedures meet their requirements.
• Propose, implement and monitor measures necessary to comply with H,S&E Legislation and Codes of Practice.
• Carry out or arrange workplace safety audits and ensure that any remedial recommendations are implemented.
• Ensure that statutory requirements are being upheld throughout the organization e.g. COSHH, RIDDOR, Display Screen Equipment, Risk Assessments etc.
Health and Safety:
• Maintain accident statistics, analyze trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary.
• Conduct post-accident and near-misses investigation. Develop and chair company accident review committee. Prepare report of findings for root causes, Make recommendations for changes in the equipment and or processes to correct unsafe conditions, and implement approved course of action. Assess incident statistics to determine requirements for new or modified training.
• Conduct and supervise facility and site inspections, job hazards analyses and other evaluations to identify hazards and potential risks. Make recommendations to managers as required and implement appropriate corrective actions. Conduct audits of corrective actions to ensure compliance with regulations and corrective action.
• Maintain a register of First Aiders and ensure the adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities. Ensure all First Aiders are appropriately trained, and (subject to qualification) provide training to members of staff to enable them to become First Aiders.
• Liaise as necessary with other organizations and relevant authorities, and provide assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
• Develop procedures to ensure that contractors, suppliers, consultants and other irregular visitors to the company and/or projects comply with relevant legislation and Company safety policies.
• Chair the company safety committee and serve on site safety committees
• Meet and co-operate with visiting health, safety and environmental officers as required.
• Manage and maintain the company COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) database, ensuring COSHH statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective Risk Assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances, all assessments to be reviewed annually.
• To undertake company and projects safety inspections, Corporate Safety Meetings for all staff, and other communications to keep employees updated and informed of changes related to HSE.
• Ensure the implementation of the Company and Projects Fire and Evacuation Procedure and monitor its effectiveness by undertaking fire evacuation drills on all sites at least twice per year.
• Be the catalyst for activity and commitment to environmental management
• ensure, at minimum, legal compliance and reduce risk of non-compliance, identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programmes to deliver these.
• promote and coordinate the integration of environmental management and sustainability
• issues into policies, rules, products, services and operations
• Assist the company to perform more efficiently and therefore more competitively, which in turn promotes environmental and social improvements.
• Represent the company in inspections and hearings conducted by regulatory bodies and clients/customers.
• Manage and control the company’s recycling and waste management procedures
• Provide technical support to the projects, and on building modifications that have environmental impacts and aspects.
• Liaise with project consultants on safety issues and reports of safety non-conformities
• Conduct surprise / scheduled inspections and audits at work locations
• Holding regular HSE meetings with PMT, client HSE representatives and HSE Officers at work locations.
• Monitoring Camp Hygiene and Environmental reporting, fire prevention and Occupational health, etc.
• Conduct presentations on assigned topics
• Supports and assists the Management Representative in providing documentation for ISO certification
• Prepare bi monthly H&S reports, Project and Field Audit Reports to the Management.
• Respond to requests for HS&E advice/guidance/information wherever appropriate.
• Liaison between management and staff on all matters relating to health, safety and environment to ensure consistent application and understanding of policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Health and Safety Management
HSE certification is essential (NEBOSH)
The Candidate should have minimum Five (5) years of experience.
Should have better communication skills
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.