GS Engineering & Construction
Role & Responsibilities
Project HSE Managerís role & responsibilities are to establish and implement the Project HSE Management System in line with GS E&C IMS* and corporate standards. The duties include but are not limited to the following;
(1) Ensure implementation of the HSE Management System on the project.
(2) To establish Project HSE Plan including HSE Policy (based on Corp. QHSE Policy) and continually improve it.
(3) Assist and coordinate with the Project Manager and all personnel assigned to the project in establishing an overall Project HSE Management Plan based on Companies IMS Management standards and Project requirements.
(4) Advise on setting up the improvement guidelines for Project HSE Management System to project employees. Ensure improvements are implemented and results are feedback to employees.
(5) Responsible for ensuring that Project HSE Management policy, plans and procedures are implemented effectively and are suitable for the their purposes and use for which they are intended.
(6) Establish Project HSE audit program & schedule and perform the Project HSE Audit within the project organization.
(7) Report the Project HSE Audit Results to Corporate QHSE Team Leader and Project Manager.
(8) Monitor Project HSE System activities such as Engineering HSE and Field HSE activities based on Companies Management system and Project requirements.
(9) Responsible for Engineering HSE Engineer and Construction HSE staff.
(10) Coordinate and communicate with Client on Project HSE issues.
(11) Produce and develop the Project HSE Training Plan. Ensure implementation of the plan. Ensure that training records are maintained.
(12) Report the performance status of Project HSE and relevant issues to the Corporate QHSE Team Leader and Project Manager.
(13) Ensure that HSE is applied in line with the Project HSE Design Criteria to the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Pre Commissioning/Commissioning phases of the Project.
(14) Ensure that the Project meets international standards.
*IMS : Quality, Safety, Health & Environmental(QHSE) Management Systems
1. Education and training
- Degree or other Acceptable standard
- A current relevant health and safety qualification
- Ability to Read, Write and Communicate clearly in English
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- Experience of working as a HSE Manager in EPCC Refinery Projects (Min 10 years experience)
- Experience and understanding of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL HSE MOC process etc)
- Experience and competent with using industry-standard IT packages including Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point and Email
- Experience of working with a multi national workforce
- Experience working with both US and UK HSE systems
- Experience of working in Egypt
- Experience of managing HSE on Refinery
3. Special abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people at both senior and other levels
- Ability to work with discretion and tact
- Ability to work without direct supervision and use initiative
- Ability to deal effectively and appropriately and in a professional manner with all personnel
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.