The Highfield Company
HSE Manager – Saudi Arabia
We are currently working with a major EPC Contractor who is seeking an experienced HSE Manager to be based on a recently awarded site in Saudi Arabia.
It is essential that the suitable candidate has had experience of working in Saudi Arabia and working with Aramco.
The job description for this role includes:
• Establishing and implementing the Project HSE Management System in line with the company quality, safety, health & environmental (QHSE) Management Systems and corporate standards.
• Ensuring the implementation of the HSE Management System on the project.
• Establishing a Project HSE Plan including HSE Policy (based on the QHSE Policy) and continually improve it.
• Assisting and coordinating with the Project Manager and all personnel assigned to the project in establishing an overall Project HSE Management Plan based on Company’s QHSE Management standards and Project requirements.
• Advising on setting up the improvement guidelines for Project HSE Management System to project employees. Ensure improvements are implemented and results are feedback to employees.
• Being responsible for ensuring that the Project HSE Management policy, plans and procedures are implemented effectively and are suitable for the their purposes and use for which they are intended.
• Establishing the Project HSE audit program & schedule and perform the Project HSE Audit within the project organization.
• Reporting the Project HSE Audit Results to Corporate QHSE Team Leader and Project Manager.
• Monitoring Project HSE System activities such as Engineering HSE and Field HSE activities.
• based on Companies Management system and Project requirements.
• Being responsible for Engineering HSE Engineer and Construction HSE staff.
• Coordinating and communicating with the Client on Project HSE issues.
• Producing and developing the Project HSE Training Plan. Ensure implementation of the plan. Ensure that training records are maintained.
• Reporting the performance status of Project HSE and relevant issues to the Corporate QHSE Team Leader and Project Manager.
• Ensuring that HSE is applied in line with the Project HSE Design Criteria to the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Pre Commissioning/Commissioning phases of the Project.
• Ensuring that the Project meets international standards.
The suitable candidate will be at least Degree qualified and carry a current relevant health and safety qualification.
The right candidate will also have at least 10 years experience of working as a HSE Manager on EPC refinery projects.
You will also posses the following skills and experience:
• The ability to clearly read, write and communicate in English.
• Evidence of continued professional development.
• Experience and good knowledge of technical HSE (P&ID, HAZOP, SIL HSE MOC process).
• Experience of working a multi-national workforce.
• Experience of working with both US and UK HSE systems is desirable.
• The ability to work under pressure, meeting deadlines and prioritising / organising workload.
• The ability to form and maintain good working relationships wide people at all levels.
• The ability to work without direct supervision, using initiative, discretion and tact.
Our client offers a fantastic opportunity, providing a competitive salary as well as a 14 week / 2 week rotation, accommodation & business class flights. This position is based on single status.
Should you wish to discuss the role in more detail then please forward your CV immediately.
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry's leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.