After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
HSE Officer – Al Futtaim Honda
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Honda, part of the Automotive Division of Al-Futtaim Group, is the sole distributor for Honda vehicles, pre-owned cars, motorcycles, marine engines, power products and parts. Recognized as one of the largest independent Honda distribution companies in the world.
Al-Futtaim Honda is supported by a network of 10 modern showrooms and 11 aftersales facilities located across the UAE. The flagship Honda Dubai Festival City showroom was officially confirmed by Honda as the largest Honda showroom in the world.
Al Futtaim Honda is looking for an experience HSE Officer to join their team in Dubai. The main purpose of this role is to perform all HSE duties, day to day activities and all Site Supervision ie. fire fighting and fire alarm systems, waste management, coordinating with suppliers and sub-contractors in HSE aspects.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Health and Safety Issues
* check all equipment, machines, HSE systems and get their third party certification
* check sites for safety related measures and make sure that allÂ staffÂ are following all HSE standards
* accompany Sub-contractors on the sites and make sure that they are following HSE standards
* safety presentations and conduct Health and Safety training and induction procedures with all new staff.
* inspect all sites and collect data for analysis
* the identification of probable hazards and risks
* the investigation and reporting of all serious / critical personal injury accidents occurring to students, staff and / or visitors to the appropriate senior official, and to assist in the investigation of all
Fire Fighting and First Aid Related Requests / Complaints
* conduct drills, such as fire drills, evacuation drills to ensure equipment is properly functioning and staff are aware of what to do in an emergency
* to respond to fires and other emergencies on or about the company property
* to assist emergency response teams in case of emergency
* to liaise with the Fire Department regarding emergency procedures, communications and fire safety education programs
* to ensure the organization is compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements
* to accompany all service providers during the annual maintenance visits for the fire fighting systemsÂ
* to check on a daily basis that all facilities are cleaned to a satisfactory standard and daily cleaning logs are completed for each work section and prepare the official order forms for equipment, uniform and materials
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Minimum Experience: Minimum 5 years experience within a role within a similar field
Job-Specific Skills: Experience in the similar roles with good communication skills
Behavioural Competencies: To be flexible for early / late working hours dependant on job requirements.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Bachelors Degree, Fluent English
NEBOSH Certification is a must
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.