ADNH – Compass ME
Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
To provide support to Organizations' operating companies, divisions, sectors and offices in order to ensure that all Legislative, Company and Client issues pertaining to Employee Occupational Health, Safety & Wellbeing, Food Quality & Safety, HACCP and Environmental Management laws are integrated into the operational practices of the business through the implementation of a dynamic, effective management systems, thus enabling effective risk management, monitoring and continuous improvement in HSE performance
Major responsibilities of the HSE Manager are to:
• Ensure that all the company's HSE requirements as detailed in the Health, Safety & Environmental Management System (Essential Safety) are implemented and maintained in all existing and new sites
• Ensure company awareness and monitor compliance to all statutory requirements where reasonably practicable.
• Management of external auditors
• Review all internal, external audit reports to ensure that the ADNH Compass ME standard is being correctly and effectively measured.
• Report monthly on results achieved per sector per division per country.
• Report to senior management quarterly on performance trends, issues and future planning for Key Performance Areas and HSE systems in place
• Monitor and report on all exceptions (<74%).
• Ensure that all high risk contracts are flagged to the Chief Executive Operations Director, Managing Directors, Country Manager and Line management
• Intervene / help with corrective action implementation as required.
• Monitor compliance to Essential Safety and HACCP requirements, update all information material and ensure that all updates are effectively communicated to all operating divisions.
• Collaborate with HR/ training team to; Develop and continually update training material and information for Essential Safety, Food Quality & Safety, HACCP, and Environmental risk management.
• Conduct pre-opening risk assessments in terms of Essential Safety, Health Act Compliance, HACCP requirements, as well as ADNH Compass ME standards.
• Undertake planned routine Essential Safety, Food Quality & Safety, HACCP audits and environmental risk audits, to ensure ongoing awareness of need to minimize risks.
• Collect, all injury on duty data monthly --measure cost of injury/accident in line with Essential Safety reporting procedures.
• Assist with development and implementation of Supplier pre-listing criteria and introduction of Supplier SLA.
• Deal with product non-conformances / quality complaints as and when they arise, via category buyers.
• Monitor and maintain Product Specification data base- to reinforce statutory and Compass specification compliance.
• Support the development and maintenance Essential Safety procedures and work instructions as and when required.
• Encourage that the Company values are lived throughout all aspects of duties performed to encourage cross-functional teamwork, collaboration and continual improvement.
• In collaboration with HR/ training team undertake HSE training at all levels
• Continually monitor the performance of and develop HSE team competencies
• To attend to all internal and external customer complaints and achieve satisfactory closure
• To take the necessary action in the event of a crisis associated with employee safety, food contamination, commodity non-conformance, and environmental contamination.
• To attend meetings and training courses as required.
• Included in these duties, you are required to perform any other reasonable tasks required by your manager.
Develop and agree annually key performance areas (KPA's) and indicators (KPI's) the detail to be contained in a personal balanced scorecard
Diploma in environment health or advanced diploma in health & safety or a degree in public health from a recognized institute
At least 6 years proven experience as an HSE officer, A background and experience of working with and in ISO and or OHSAS environment would be an advantage
Similar work experience or working as an HSE Officer or manager in a large, full service organization or first world country is desirable
Must have a valid driving license
About the Company
CAMEA is the specialist integrated support services part of Compass Group PLC.
We employ over 30,000 employees, currently delivering Support Services in 15 countries in Central Asia, Middle East and Africa. We are uniquely positioned to extract the maximum return from a low capital investment business in a marketplace that is showing indicators of unprecedented and signiﬁcant growth.
Our clients are all market leaders in their ﬁelds, government agencies and non-governmental organisations.
Commitment to the success of our clients is vital to our own.