After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Atkins Middle East
Al Ain, UAE
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
* As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Safety Engineer
- The Health and Safety Officer will be a qualified professional who must have a minimum qualification of BTEC or equivalent in Occupational Safety or health related field and 10 years experience with 5 being with a health base background.
- The Health and Safety Officer will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
- He must possess excellent working knowledge of industry practices/safety/quality management systems. He is expected to monitor safety procedures, determine cause of unsafe condition through procedure review, equipment and facilities inspection, and worker observation with corrective action recommendations provided. He is also expected to review and oversee procedures for investigating construction accidents. Computer literacy and excellent communication skills are essential.
The Safety Officer will:
- Report to the Senior Atkins HSE Manager.
- Liaise with the site staff and ensure that high standards of safety and safety documentation are maintained across all works.
- Ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner and the site is maintained in a clean and tidy state and that the public is not jeopardized.
- Review the contractors safety plan and monitor compliance with the plan.
- Ensure that the safety of the office environment is catered for; plans developed, risk analyses conducted and documented.
- Assist in auditing all sites that relate to Atkins.
- Conduct safety inspections and assist in compiling monthly safety reports.
Rewards & Benefits:
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
focus on quality
seek world class design and excellence
strive to add value
be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).