HSE Training Specialist – MENA
PB (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Parsons Brinckerhoff are currently looking to recruit an HSE Training Specialist to work across the MENA region. The role will be based in Dubai but will involve regular training around the MENA region.
The purpose of the role is to support the Risk Services Manager in the development and delivery of Parson Brinckerhoff's Risk Services, specialising in the provision of NEBOSH and IOSH health and safety training.
The key stakeholders will include:
• Clients, both external and internal
• Risk Services Manager
• Operations Manager
• Regional HSE Manager
• Principal and Senior Managers
• Project Managers
• Other affected parties
• Participate in internal and external auditing in line with QHSE Certification (9001/18001/14001), or other requirements
• Proactively and positively contribute to Parson Brinckerhoff¡¦s QHSE culture, by focusing on solid risk management principles and continuous improvement
• Ensure that all QHSE services are delivered in, line with Parsons Brinckerhoff¡¦s Values and Visions
• Take ownership of and drive Parsons Brinckerhoff¡¦s Health, Safety and Security programmes by ensuring:
- A safe and healthy work environment is maintained for all persons affected by the operations of the team through application of Parsons Brinckerhoff's Business Management System (including Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Environment).
- All work is completed in accordance with workplace health and safety legislation and Parson Brinckerhoff¡¦s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Provide support to ensure ISO and other relevant certifications are achieved and maintained
• Assist Risk Services Manager in ensuring critical business knowledge is captured, managed and retained
• Carry out other reasonable duties as allocated by the Risk Services Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
1. Five plus years experience in the provision of accredited international training programmes, including NEBOSH Certificate and IOSH Managing Safely
2. Five plus years experience implementing and monitoring effective HSE management systems and processes in line with international best practice
3. Experience in the design and delivery of tailored (bespoke) HSE training courses
4. Knowledge of best practice HSE risk management principles and application
5. Experience in process design and continuous improvement frameworks with the ability to implement processes and systems into new or existing business models and projects
6. Understanding of international and regional HSE legislative requirements, application and enforcement
7. Excellent awareness of hazard identification and practical risk controls at a site level
8. Knowledge of the interpretation and implementation of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001
9. Good written and spoken communication skills
10. Ability to maintain excellent relationships with clients and key stakeholders and market Parsons Brinckerhoff an industry leader in the HSE field
11. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and with a multi-cultural workforce
12. Ability to plan and prioritise tasks to achieve outcomes within specified time constraints and to develop and promote continuous improvement, within a client-focussed culture
Qualifications and Professional Training:
Possession of relevant qualifications including:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Health & Safety, Risk Management, with post-graduate qualification in a relevant field, and/or
• NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
• Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
• ISO/OHSAS Lead Auditor in 14001 or 18001
Recognised certification or training in an appropriate health and safety science or discipline
About the Company
About the Company
PB is one of the world's leading planning, engineering, and program and construction management organizations.
Established more than 125 years ago, PB is proud to serve our clients in all facets of Power, Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure projects as well as the overall communities in which we live and work.
Our diverse and comprehensive offerings are a natural extension of our experience and core skills. We help shape some of the world's largest and most important public works projects.
PB defines success by the sustainable value we deliver to clients, communities, our employee-owners and our profession. I invite you to explore how our people, history and expertise are enabling us to accomplish our mission: to be a positive and highly influential force in the development and operation of infrastructure throughout the world.