Head Chef – Dean & Deluca
Almost 40 years ago, two young New Yorkers, Joel Dean and Giorgio DeLuca, opened their gourmet food emporium in SoHo, an up-and-coming artists' neighborhood in Manhattan. Offering customers a sumptuous celebration of food, a place to experience all of the pleasures of cooking and eating, the original store suggested a turn-of-the-century food department, with high ceiling fans spinning over a vast array of handcrafted products and artisan foods lining high, white walls.
Today, DEAN & DELUCA is an international purveyor of gourmet and quality specialty foods, DEAN & DELUCA specialty products and high-end kitchenware with operations throughout the United States, Tokyo, Kuwait and Qatar. DEAN & DELUCA caf©s are found in these countries as well, in addition to Taipei and Dubai. In addition to its corporate gift catalog and e-commerce site, DEAN & DELUCA also markets its private label products to other retailers and wholesalers throughout the world.
Strolling DEAN & DELUCA in Kuwait is a food adventure, with discoveries at every turn. Friendly staff members offer tastes - of cheeses, charcuterie, olive oils, exotic fruits, breads and pastries, chocolates and Arabic sweets. Meat and Fish counters display the finest products, locally and internationally procured. For those who want to share the joy of eating chef-prepared delicacies at home, DEAN & DELUCA offers an extensive and breathtaking array of freshly prepared foods to go, from chicken pot pie to paella to saut©ed peppers to pomegranate seed-garnished Middle Eastern salads.
Providing expert advice on all things culinary is a DEAN & DELUCA trademark. At the in-store kitchen, chefs prepare dishes before your eyes, demonstrating techniques to try at home as well as tastes of dishes ranging from Pasta Pomodoro to the French fish stew called bouillabaisse. Looking for that perfect gift? A concierge service is happy to consult on the selection of delicious delicacies for a gift basket that will be treasured - and eaten with delight.
The in-store DEAN & DELUCA Caf© provides a welcome resting spot in which to enjoy a gourmet sandwich, savory soup, custom salad, or a home-baked pastry accompanied by DEAN & DELUCA's signature, a steaming pink strawberry latte.
We are looking for a Head Chef who will head up run & the kitchen in its day to day operation.
The ideal candidate must have a formal culinary education, advanced culinary and artistic skills, knowledge of modern cooking methods and at least 3 years of practical experience
He will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities.
* Establish culinary standards for the kitchen
* Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Brand Executive Chef.
* Ensure that specific and accurate product specifications are used in writing the recipes and train the culinary employees in kitchen, in the skills necessary for them to perform their function to the highest possible standards.
* Supervise the Employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards & methods of service are maintained as stated in Departmental.
* Ensure that all employees provide a courteous & professional service at all times.
* Build of an efficient team of Employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety & development.
* Coach & maximize employee moral & productivity.
* Ensure that all culinary standards in all sections comply with company policies & procedures. Maintain high levels of cleanness at all time in the kitchen and comply with Health & Safety regulations as discussed further in this book
* Monitor daily work assigned to staff ensuring guidelines are followed. In case of deviations, corrective measures to be taken immediately.
* Conjunction with the Executive Chef , establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service on quality basis.
* He must be enthusiastic, focused, motivated and dedicated to his job. You must be hands on and able to work in a fast paced work environment.
* Excellent leadership skills required
* Able to work well in a high stress environment
* Previous 5 star hotel experiences are preferable or considerable experience working in a professional kitchen.
* Good English knowledge in writing, reading and speaking is a must.
* Experience leading a team of 10+ Chefs
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.