Head / Director of Group Corporate Communications (Luxury Fashion)
Position: Head /Director of Group Corporate Communications
Reports to: Vice President – Business Development & Corporate Communications
• To position the Group and its companies, both internally and externally, through a strategic, holistic and smart communications plan that innovates in each sector of communications for a diverse group of stakeholders.”
In addition to following corporate policies and procedures, key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Planning (30%)
• Working with the Vice President – Corporate Communications to develop a global corporate communications strategy for the Group and for its companies that builds reputation over the next five years.
• Devise and implement digital communications strategy for the Group and its companies, building a digital expertise within the Corporate Communications team
• Devise and implement crisis management communications strategy and plan for companies and Group and anticipate and flag issues, devise and implement action plan
• Develop and implement a measurement system to monitor the effectiveness of the plan every six months, annually and in line with the five-year plan and objectives.
• Build a strategic network of agencies and influencers to assist in strategy and delivery of plan
External Communications (30%)
• Deliver an annual execution plan of projects and initiatives from the strategy for Group and companies that communicates to all identified stakeholders through media – traditional, new and social; speaking engagements and networking opportunities; unique branded events and initiatives; roadshows; relationship building; charitable initiatives; thought leadership initiatives etc
• Work with the Presidents and heads of Communications for each company to ensure the Corporate Communications team has the most up to date information on initiatives, and ensure a consistency of template for boilerplates and releases.
• Work with Presidents and SMT on speeches and presentations
• Build and proactively maintain relationships across all defined stakeholder segments
• Forecast and manage annual and project budgets ensuring spend is within allocated amount.
• Manage agencies for best delivery of clearly defined SOW, milestones and deliverables.
Internal Communications (20%)
• Deliver an annual execution plan of projects and initiatives from the strategy for Group and companies that communicates to all internal stakeholders through i-jam; speakers circuit and networking opportunities; unique events and initiatives; roadshows; relationship building; charitable initiatives; thought leadership initiatives etc
• Maximize the i-jam platform:
• Create informative and engaging multi-media content to tell key messages to internal stakeholders
• Generate content and populate the daily Intelligence Report by aggregating tope industry and market news, and help populate the Intelligence Hub with reports, white papers and summaries.
• Work with the Presidents and Communications teams of each company to orchestrate effective multimedia content to meet business objectives including Vlogs, Blogs and films for i-jam
• Seed content to encourage forums, discussions and collaboration for i-jam
• Build working processes within the I-Jam team and across companies for efficient and on-brand delivery
• Build relationships and act as the main contact point between all business units to ensure all knowledge and content are collated and shared in a timely manner.
• To effectively delegate to and direct the I-Jam team to ensure all deliveries and requests are achieved on time, and trouble shoot to solve issues as quickly as possible.
• To be the gatekeeper of this platform, policing the site to ensure proper and ethical usage and encouraging utilization on every level.
• To maintain and control budget allocated, ensuring spend is within allocated amount.
• To continuously search for new exciting ways to enhance, develop and maximize the platform.
Team Building & Leadership (20%)
• Build a future-thinking in-house agency team of specialists to service all companies and The Group, establishing best practice working process and flow.
• To provide on the job coaching to ensure that the team are able to meet and exceed the requirements of their role
• Build a cross-Group network of communications specialists, working collaboratively and acting as coach/advisor.
• Be a role model for communications within the Group, demonstrating the benefits of transparency, collaboration and a neutral and intelligent approach to work.
• Minimum 3 years international agency experience with fashion/luxury clients
• In-house specialisation in addition to agency experience is an advantage
• Can prove success in innovative campaigns and projects across media, events, special initiatives
• Proven track record in leading a team on strategy and execution - minimum 3 years managing a team
• Established media network in UK, US and Europe across fashion and lifestyle consumer and trade, and business media is an asset
• Exposure to China market is an asset
• Fluency in English is essential; Chinese is an asset
• A highly creative and strategic individual who can think out of the box to come up with a unique plan - not a typical corporate person. A person with proactive and creative reputation management skills and all that goes with that.
• Highly presentable at a Presidents level, and international level to communicated with stakeholders in the industry and media
• Must have a passion and genuine interest in the business side of fashion and retail
• An excellent communicator who is highly collaborative
About the Company
About the Company
Established in 1997, ConnectedGroup is a privately owned enterprise and has developed from a pure executive search business into a full spectrum human capital consulting firm.
With offices in Asia and the Middle East we are well placed to service two of the fastest growing regions in the world and our consultative and client driven approach has positioned us as a partner of choice for companies across a diverse range of industries.
We work to values of candour, accountability and integrity and our employees are measured against the key behaviours of creativity, flexibility and being connected to candidates, clients and internal teams to deliver the highest levels of service quality.