Head of Electrical and Instrument Engineering
Our client is a Major Oil and Gas Operator, with global assets, and is a key stake holder in many major projects within the Middle East. They are looking for a Head of Electrical and Instrument Engineering to be part of their growing operations in Qatar.
The Head of Electrical and Instrument (EandI) Engineering will have the technical EandI discipline authority within Facility Engineering and manage the EandI discipline group. They will be required to Manage and develop competences in the EandI Engineering group and to be Technical responsibility for the EandI engineering discipline, prioritising process safety and technical integrity of existing facilities and brownfield projects.
As the Head of Electrical and Instrument (EandI) Engineering your main duties will involve:
- Day to day management and development of the EandI Engineering group competences.
- Conduct performance appraisals and mid year reviews focusing on technical competency and process safety
- Innovate to further enhance facility performance and safety
- Prepare the group for further expansion
- Set objectives for the EandI Engineering group and meet yearly targets (KPI).
- Approve brownfield engineering concepts and design documentation within EandI Engineering
- Make sure of and accept accountability for the following within EandI Engineering:
o Engineering design
o Process safety
o Technical integrity of all brown field facilities
- Developing and/or implementing the Company technical standards (MOTS), Functional Design Specifications and Procedures and guidelines
- Manage the planning and communication with other groups or departments and manage the secondment of competent Engineers to the Project Engineering Team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- A University degree in electrical or instrument engineering
- Significant experience within a technical team management role in the oil and gas industry
- Detailed knowledge of EandI systems design for the offshore oil and gas industry and the design of associated facilities
- Thorough experience with design and modification of large offshore projects.
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills - verbal and written.
- Extensive experience within the EandI engineering discipline
About the Company
About the Company
Fircroft is one of the world’s leading providers of solutions to specialist technical industries. The company was founded in 1970 to provide services to companies in the Oil & Gas sector.
We currently deliver professional services contracts on a preferred or sole supply basis with some of the world’s largest energy companies.