Head of HR
One of the leading retailers in the region with a global reputation for innovative concepts and award winning service.
This role is to lead the HR team (currently over 20) across the GCC and will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and implement an HR strategy that is integrated and aligned with the Business Strategy to ensure that the Companies current and long term objectives are achieved.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s business strategy as a member of the management team.
• Work with senior management to determine optimum organizational structures and people resourcing.
• Develop, agree, and implement a compensation, benefits and reward strategy to ensure the Company retains and attracts high caliber employees.
• Approval of employee terms and conditions ,including salary for all current and future employees
• Overall management and development of the Company’s recruitment policy, process, sourcing and selection.
• Develop, agree and implement a performance management culture and process that is aligned to the company’s business objectives and values.
• Work with senior management to develop successions plans across the organization.
• Develop, agree and implement a training and development strategy so that the skills and performance of employees meet the organizations current and future needs.
• Ensure that the Company has a safe and secure working environment for all employees at all times.
• Oversee and manage any employee relations issues to ensure a positive outcome and resolved a timely manner.
• Ensure the Company is compliant with all employment legislation at all times.
• Lead, manage, and evaluate the HR team ensuring clear objectives and development plans are in place and that the HR strategy is implemented effectively and consistently in line with policies and within agreed budgets.
• Communicate to senior management and/or employees any changes in policy or legislation which impact the Company.
• Provide comprehensive HR support and capability to each business unit.
• Management of all administration relating to Labour Codes, Immigration Licenses, Visas, Passports, Work permits, medical tests, CID & Police, and appropriate Government Departments to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and codes of practice that impact the company, its employees and business operations
• Management of security and maintenance of staff accommodation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years generalist HR experience. You will preferably be working within the Retail or Consumer environment and have a proven track record of operating at board level.
This is a senior role and will be responsible for all aspects of HR.
About the Company
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of HR, Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Management Consulting and Engineering recruitment expertise. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. It’s all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
We’re growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.
Areas of specialties we recruit for are: Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Executive Search, Banking & Financial Services, Management Consulting and Engineering.