Head of International HR – Banking
One of the leading banks in Qatar with a Global reputation for innovative products and excellent customer service is now looking for a key individual.
As the Head of International HR you will be responsible for creating and managing a working environment across all the international entities which enables and facilitates attraction, retention and development of talented employees ensuring the delivery of the financial and business objectives of the company International. You will lead the International manpower planning efforts, recruitment process, development of appropriate retention strategies, development of training plans and also development of the International succession plans. You will also lead the company International in the most cost effective tools for the management and motivation of its employees. The incumbent will also ensure that operational and administrative services pertaining to human resources are provided to all International employees in a timely manner.
- Prepare and implement International HR strategy as a key input to the overall group HR Strategy. Devise and implement HR operating plans as a fallout of HR strategy. Review each country’s strategic HR initiatives and operational activities on regular basis and provide leadership to the regional HR teams (Country HR Heads, Coordinators, Regional HR Business Partners) for effective guidance and decision making.
- Review and assist GM HR in approving the country HR budgets (total compensation cost, recruitment services, training & development, other miscellaneous HR related expenses).
- Monitor and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring for the international operations on a periodic basis.
- Lead and guide the international locations, subsidiaries and rep offices in the annual HR budgeting process.
- Establish good contacts with all Country GMs and senior management team to keep abreast of the key business issues. Review periodic business updates on all International Banking committee meetings.
- Joint responsibility with the Head, HR Operations for timely delivery of all HR transactions and processing for all international entities and start up operations.
- Lead the assessment and selection of all expert HR consultants and service providers (Comp & Ben, T&D, Lawyers, M&A Consultants etc.) for international locations.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related units to achieve the Department’s goals/ objectives.
- Build and maintain effective networking with the key HR heads of local market players.
- Provide direct leadership to the local HR Teams (HR Head, HR Coordinators, Area HR Business Partners) to align the action plan to the overall HR strategy. Monitor and evaluate their performance.
- Act as a single point of contact for all HR matters pertaining to the international operations.
- Provide professional HR advice to the GM HR, GM International Banking and Country Heads, as and when required. Also, ensure that professional HR standards are consistently applied, achieved and maintained within all international locations.
- Review and obtain approval on HR policies and procedures, monitor compliance and ensure consistency and equity in approach to all staff issues.
- Provide leadership to the direct reports to address the following priorities for HR in the interest of international locations:
- Assess cultural challenges in expanding business across multiple geographies and address them through sound Global HR strategies.
- Design, evaluate and deploy international policies on Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Staffing, Learning & Organization Development and Talent Management.
- Ensure that the administrative processes pertaining to human resources are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Provide efficient support services including liaison with government departments to ensure that the staff can concentrate on Group activities and have only minimal involvement with government departments concerned with employment, immigration, traffic and utilities.
- Liaise with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement.
- Establish global recruitment guidelines and broad frameworks for local countries to follow. Lead the organizational design for various start ups and ensure compliance to the approved structures.
- Interview senior management candidates for various countries in coordination with GM HR, GM International Banking.
- Establish multiple sources of C&B data for all international locations.
- Review monthly headcount, hires, terminations and transfers for all international offices.
- Responsible for all employee communications relating to international operations.
- Lead the ‘HR Integration’ process in case of acquisitions. Ensure early involvement in the due diligence process and establish and monitor the integration team.
- Participate in the Group Human Capital Committee and make recommendations and provide updates to the committee. Also, represent International HR on a variety of cross-functional, inter-departmental task forces and project teams.
Maintain membership to leading HR forums and professional bodies and ensure personal development of executives across the Group and direct reports in a similar manner.
- Possess superior knowledge on all areas of HR viz. staffing and manpower management, compensation and benefit methodologies, training & organizational development tools and techniques, talent management, support services, international operations, etc.
- Identify areas for professional development of self and all direct reports, and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Hold meetings with direct reports and assess their performance as well as the department’s overall performance on a regular basis.
- Possess superior knowledge of the various local employment legislations, compliance requirements for the regions that Group operates in and also potential changes that would impact the workforce for all international offices.
You will have at least 10 years experience in a recognised bank as an HRBP or Head of HR. You will have proven experience in the retail or investment banking preferably with at least 3 years in the Middle East.
Fluency in English is essential and Arabic would be an advantage. A Western education to degree standard is essential
About the Company
About the Company
Mackenzie Jones Middle East has decades of HR, Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Management Consulting and Engineering recruitment expertise. Along with a deep understanding of key market sectors and regions, we never forget to treat clients, companies and candidates as individuals who have unique needs.
So we always listen, constantly learn, occasionally challenge and frequently advise. It’s all part of a service renowned for its courtesy, consideration and dedication. Based in Dubai since 2006, our office covers the GCC and Levant countries and with the right regional expertise, we are the leading specialists.
We’re growing rapidly because people appreciate our honesty, commitment and results.
Areas of specialties we recruit for are: Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Secretarial & Business Support, Executive Search, Banking & Financial Services, Management Consulting and Engineering.