Head of PMO – Communications Management – HR
Al Futtaim Group
Toyota, Honda, Marks & Spencers, Ikea, Toys R Us and Dubai Festival City are just some of the amazing stable of world renowned brands managed by the Al Futtaim Group of Companies. Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses in the Gulf region. Today, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 65 companies in sectors as diverse as commerce, industry and services, and employs in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe.
We are looking to recruit a HR Project Management Office (PMO) & Communications Manager to take responsibility for the coordination of HR projects through their entire life-cycle and for the development of the HR function communications strategy, approach & plan ensuring that relevant, consistent and timely messages are delivered to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Take the overall responsibility for the compilation and results of HR projects through a stage-gate approach.
* Identify and support the implementation of an IT solution that enables to rapidly deploy best-practice lean stage-gate techniques, in a consistent standardized way across all HR projects.
* Based on analysis draft HR project recommendations to address business needs.
* For all HR projects define work briefs and implement feasibility studies to support the final selection process.
* Carry out follow-up and evaluation of the defined project HR activities.
* Providing regular updated status reports on the prioritized HR projects to the HRLT.
* Facilitate cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
* Work with the stakeholders to prioritize HR projects and drive milestones.
* Execute the highest levels of quality, adhering to corporate identity guidelines and project cost estimates.
* Manage and oversee numerous projects as required ensuring consistency of messages and making sure all communications programmes are delivered on time.
* Provide best in class & (strategic) communications counsel to and partner with the HRLT to remain current on challenges & opportunities affecting the Company and its employees and to contribute to the organization's competitive edge.
* Work with the HRLT to assess and obtain a deep insight into the business priorities, to diagnose and define the potential communication approaches and solutions, which will drive maximum added value.
* Make recommendations on how to best frame and position key issues utilizing (strategic) communications approaches and vehicles.
* Developing and deliver (strategic) communication support, designed to contribute to the HR vision, mission & values.
* Act as a trusted internal communications advisor to the HR key stakeholders and be responsible to develop, facilitate and translate key messages effectively across the organization through integrated communication campaigns.
* Design and edit all Group HR communication to ensure that documents (eg. Newsletters) and presentations are correctly branded, to enhance transparency on all HR initiatives & events and to increase understanding, so employees take an active role in all staff programmes.
* Develop, maintain, measure and use continual improvement on new communication mediums.
* Manage the Group HR intranet website content, including all legally required communications.
* Provide internal communications counsel to the HRLT on emerging, confidential and time-sensitive issues.
* Ensure the alignment of internal communications with external communications messaging and strategiesÂ
FINANCIAL & COST MANAGEMENT
* Ensure that a budget proposal is made for each new HR project and allocate the cost budget to all functions and departments.
* Set goals on Key Performance Indicators related to productivity for all HR projects.
* Work closely with the project teams and recommend the outsourcing of certain activities in order to achieve a stable operation at a lower cost by giving the task to a specialised subcontractor.
Secure that all HR projects are in line with local legislation regarding labour market conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
* 5 years process improvement, business analysis, and project management experience.
* Clear understanding of project management and business analysis approaches.
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills.
* Dedicated sense of ownership and accountability for work.
* Capable of setting direction and motivating team members outside the direct reporting line.
* Fluency with all MS Office tools, including Access, Project, and Visio.
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring un-focused issues to resolution.
* Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences.
* Should be innovative with a strong customer centric approach.
* Understanding of business processes and basic corporate finance, management and accounting principles.
* Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal.
* Demonstrates strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit.
* Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills.
* Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
* Maintains direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work.
* Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.