Head of Shared Service Unit – Al Futtaim Group HR
Al Futtaim Group
Head of Shared Service Unit (Kuwait & Bahrain) - Al Futtaim Group HR
Toyota, Honda, Marks & Spencers, Ikea, Toys R Us and Dubai Festival City are just some of the amazing stable of world renowned brands managed by the Al Futtaim Group of Companies. Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses in the Gulf region. Today, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 65 companies in sectors as diverse as commerce, industry and services, and employs in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe.
We are currently looking for a Head of Shared Service Unit (Kuwait and Bahrain) to add value to the Business and provide support and consultative advice to managers and staff on a wide range of HR matters including discipline/ grievance and performance management.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* Acting as a trusted advisor to senior line management on all human capital management matters.
* Having a deep understanding of the business, and in particular the sources of profit and the cost base, so as to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth; reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and comply with Group HR policy.
* Communicating HR plansÂ to progress to the Business Unit .
* Ensure annual manpower budgeting exercise is conducted accurately and efficiently
* Focus on measuring the employee engagement of the business units and take actions necessary to improve it.
* Support and facilitate the implementation of business structure reorganisation and consolidation to deliver efficiencies.
* Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon Al-Futtaim way values.
* Ensure compliance with local law and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle (from contract of employment to termination processes).
* Develop succession plans and retention strategies for key talent and positions.
* Take necessary steps to create a performance focused culture where high performers are rewarded and inadequate performers are given an opportunity to improve or terminated.
* Ensure compliance with the annual appraisal review: that all staff are properly appraised and have proper objectives/KPI's.
* Specify key recruitment requirements for the following year, and communicate and discuss these with Group Recruitment.
* Specify training initiatives required to support the business.
* Participate in project work as required to develop HR policies, procedures and practices.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Law
* 10 years of experience in the field in HR operations, Government Relations
* Good contact with different government authorities
* Able to manage company with diversified business operation
* Able to manage PRO's daily operations
* Good Computer and report writing skills
AdditionalÂ Essential Requirements:
* Arab speaking
* Kuwait Nationality
* Age from above 35, preferably married
* Excellent communication in Arabic and English verbal/written
* Willing to travel whenever necessary.
Having previous experience in Bahrain isÂ an advantage.Â Â
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.