Head of Trade Finance – Business
- The candidate will be responsible for the development and management of a portfolio of new and existing customers which is comprised of corporates (including SMEs)/Govt and Semi Govt entities, trading companies which tend to be users of trade finance products.
- Manages the designated product portfolio, encompassing both existing products and new products developed.
- Ensure that Trade Finance Services provides value added consultative services to its internal and external customers, proposing trade solutions that will customize customer’s financing to reduce working capital.
- Co-ordinate activities of the Unit in accordance with identified bank goals to obtain optimum efficiency, and maximize profits by performing the assigned duties personally or through subordinates. Maintain a close working relationship with team colleagues, sharing information and working together to deliver a high quality support to service users (internal and external customers).
- Serves as the key liaison person for ORM within the unit and carries out tasks and activities relating to ORM. Also shall act as the Risk Self Assessment (“RSA”) facilitator (as and when called upon) for the RSA projects for the business units and business processes and supports smooth conduct of RSA.
The Head of Trade Finance - Business will need to possess the following:
a) In-depth understanding of business and functions related to TFD and other department’s functions in the bank.
b) In depth knowledge of analysis of L/C and Standby terms including that of risk participation and syndication and all types of bonds and guarantees.
c) Ability to think strategically and assist in the organisation.
d) Excellent innovative, communication, organizing and leadership skills.
e) Outstanding PC and software skills which include Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
f) Good command over English language
g) Possession of Certified Documentary Credit Specialist accreditation is preferred.
h) Thorough knowledge in various ICC publications especially UCP 500 & 600, ISBP, ISP 98, URR 525,URC 522, UAE Commercial Code, various ICC publications.
i) Problem solving – capacity to analyze situations, diagnose problems, identify key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
About the Company
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.