Health & Safety Manager – Loss Prevention
The Alshaya Loss Prevention department is accountable for devising, developing and implementing LP strategies to maximize profit and minimise loss. Working cross functionally, the department covers Safety, Security, Fraud, Malpractice, Business Continuity and Risk Management, providing a safe and secure place for all our customers and staff, whether visiting or working in an Alshaya store or office.
Reporting directly to the Senior Health & Safety Manager/Park Manager and working within the framework provided by company standards and Loss Prevention, The role is to assist in safeguarding the safety and security of employees, customers, visitors within the Kidzania brand through structured and formalised risk assessment and prevention
* Ensuring the effectiveness and coordination of the Emergency Evacuation(s) for the Park and practice these plans on regular basis.
* Complete training on emergency evacuation procedures for all employees and monitor its effectiveness taking additional measure if required.
* Conduct thorough and complete accident investigations on any incidents recorded, looking into root causes and advising on remedial action if required.
* Review and completion of risk assessments and SOPs as required.
* Liaison with the park management team in all matters relating to health & safety and escalating issues in a timely manner.
* Develop and carry out health,safety & fire training programs for employees and organize a training matrix to ensure all TNA's are met.
* Complete a comprehensive and detailed monthly report the Senior Health & Safety Manager on all aspects of the Parks safety performance and compliance.
* Produce weekly accident statistics with a detailed analysis of accidents and incidents reported making any recommendations for improvement.
* Liaising with external agencies such as Fire Authorities and Ministry Officials to ensure that license requirements are met reporting back on any remedial action that may be required to maintain compliance.
* Maintenance of health & safety records such as accidents/incidents, fire records, training records, daily/weekly inspections, rash assessments and SOP's and any other documentation that may be required by the Ministry.
* Minimum 3 years relevant experience in civil protection area or similar.
* Experience in Retail/ Leisure Entertainment desirable.
* NEBOSH certification or equivalent/Relevant to the job profile
* Knowledge of fire systems, security systems, emergency evacuation procedures and alarms.
* Planning & Organizing Skills
* Report writing and analysis
* Attention to detail
* Compliance Oriented
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.