After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Health & Safety Manager
1- JOB PURPOSE
Provides assistance and help to the HSE manager to perform safety and healthy environment and protect the head quarter, fields offices, and all company¡¦ employees and assets to avoid any damage and keep the awareness of the safety regulations high among employees.
2- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Applies the safety and health procedures and regulation.
• Inspects all equipment and pipe line facilities, food, and subcontractors.
• Conducts tests and field investigations to obtain data for use by environmental, engineering, and scientific personnel.
• Checks suddenly to make sure all procedures and regulations applied according to HSE measurements.
• Provide training sessions to keep the awareness of the safety regulation high and to increase the sense of the safety to all employees.
• Keep the safety and health measures according to the regulation.
• Minimize accidents and damages to all company staff and assets.
• Identifies and analyzes sources of pollution to determine their effects.
• Analyzes data to assess pollution problems, establish standards, and develop approaches for control of pollution.
• Ensures that the contingency plan is updated and easy to apply (Draw a contingency plan).
• Ensures that all contractors and their employees are provided with an awareness of their obligations within the company HSE polices and procedures.
3- DELEGATED FREEDOM TO ACT:
Manages Department and implements policies and procedures within the framework of established Company functional/departmental policies and procedures, guidelines established by ORG and professional personal standards.
Qualifications and Experiences:
• B.Sc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering.
• 10 years experience in the oil field industry.
• Have the ability to understand and implements HSE policy and procedures.
• Computer literacy.
• Have good communication skills, persuasive, and can think strategically and analytically. Have ability to work under pressure and maintain self control, work cooperatively with others, and to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness.
• Good communication and competency in English language.
• Managerial/Technical Competence anchor is tied to category B as per the Competence Manual.
5- MAJOR CHALLENGES AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Lack of:
- Field safety officers.
- Secretary for office work (filling system).
• 90% Normally air-conditioned office environment, 10% periodic inspections for all operational areas
6- PEOPLE CONTACTS/ SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Outside government authorities of concern.
• Field Doctors.
• Section Heads.
• Other company staff.
About the Company
Established in 1951 as a single company under the name Sayer & Colley, the DAL Group has since developed into the largest and most diversified privately-owned group of companies in Sudan.
Founded on strong, clear business principles and an ethical philosophy, the DAL Group today consists of independent companies operating in the consumer, industrial, agricultural and property development sectors, each playing a leading role in its own field. Our business activities currently include :
* franchise dealership services
* property development
* contracting and services
* sales, marketing and distribution of locally produced and imported brands
* large-scale farming.
DAL has been operational in Dubai since 2005 following the transfer of its London office functions to the United Arab Emirates. With new offices and a warehouse under construction in the Dubai Airport Free Zone, the Dubai Office will play an increasingly important role in procurement, logistics and other services for the Group as well as providing a presence in this important regional centre.