After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Health & Safety Manager
• Deliver QHSE Strategy and supporting Tasks and Targets including BSC metrics as appropriate.
• Reviewing and ensuring Haya are appraised of applicable Health and Safety legislation, other requirements and changes in thereof ensuring issues are effectively communicated to technical staff, regulatory authorities, public interest groups and the public and preventive control / improvement actions are taken as necessary.
• Develop, maintain and update Corporate Management System (CMS) including policies, procedures, standards and practices including those for waste management and prepare the Organization for OHSAS 18001 certification in collaboration with the Head of Quality and QHSE team.
• Develop and update as necessary the H&S risk assessment for all the facilities and proactively analyze the root causes to minimize the risk of accidents.
• Provides advice in the implementation of H&S policies, procedures and standards. (E.g. H&S Plans, Safety cases and Audit plans appertaining to the short and medium term improvement of the Team’s Occupational Health, Safety Performance).
• Conduct audits and / or inspections and follow up on all related H&S issues including actions necessary for implementation.
• Lead and / or participate in incident investigations. Prepare learning points from incidents and ensure these are circulated /auctioned to all relevant parties.
• Identify mandatory and supplementary H&S training courses and prepare the necessary Assist in preparation of QHSE documents for tendering. Review H&S programs in tender documents to ensure compliance with requirements.
• To ensure support is provided in the effective initial launch, key stages and final inspection of each project / operational site as appropriate.
• To develop Health and Welfare awareness / improvement initiatives as appropriate to Haya activities.
• Manage occupational health, medical examinations, and all safety issues.
• Develop annual H&S monitoring program and training plan to ensure staff awareness of related issues, undertake periodic audit and monitor statistics related to H&S.
• Conduct QHSE training as required.
• H&S training matrix and ensure all management and staff undergo required training.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related HSE field with minimum 15 years on hand experience with last 5 years in managerial level.
• Professional member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent.
• Sound power of analysis and communication skills.
• Computer literate, fully proficient in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Good adaptability to multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
About the Company
Haya Water is Oman Wastewater Services Company's brand name. It is fresh, short and green. Haya in Arabic is a three letter word “ÍíÜÜÜÜÇ” and it is the root for the Arabic word Hayat or life. Haya is also used to refer to the grass that comes out after the rains in the desert. At Haya we bring life to the waste water that we treat and we produce water that brings life to the soil helping make Muscat ever greener....