Health / Safety and Maintenance Manager – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!Reporting directly to theÂ Store Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Conducting regular safety checks and escalating feedback and emergency issues to the Operations Manager and Store Manager
* Establishing, managing and administrating safety plans and evacuation drills
* Designing a disaster recovery plan and rules for special situations like emergency and violenceÂ handling
* Eliminating and controlling hazardous conditions
* Developing and recommending a new procedures and revising existing ones
* Maintaining efficient relationship with local authorities: Police, Fire, Insurance company
* Ensuring security of assets and operations from shop lifting, vandalism, sabotage, threats and violence
* Managing security guards routine and implementing procedures for safe guarding and controlling visitors, staff, equipment, car park issues and etc.
* Performing periodic and random security inspections of the store
* Ensuring maintenance of the building, all store facilities, car park
* Performing regular floor walks andÂ documented checks to ensure store cleanliness and hygiene
* Ensuring that technical equipment such elevators and electrical doors are maintained and serviced periodically
* Developing, implementing and controlling the KPIs related to store safety, security and maintenance
* Ensuring the preparation of annual budget for the department
* Support the Group Emiratisation program
To be seriously considered for this role you must have:
* A minimum of 2-3 years property maintenance management experience
* Relevant education and license to perform work on electrical, ventilation and water facilities
* Safety and security experience preferably in retail environmentÂ
* Strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* High personal integrity due to involvement in fraud investigations
* Ability to build working relationships
* Proven leadership abilities
* Flexibility in terms of working hours and shifts
* Technical competence
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.