After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Health and Safety Manager - Construction
- Keeping people out of danger, risk or injury in the workplace and develop safety programs to minimize losses due to injuries and property damage.
- Eliminate unsafe practices and conditions on construction sites and throughout transportation systems and keep control on the general safety standards ensuring that they are on line with the company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Install safety devices on machinery, or direct device installation.
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health inspection violations.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to organizations on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Write and revise safety regulations and codes.
- Design and build safety equipment.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Check floors of plants to ensure that they are strong enough to support heavy machinery.
Reporting to: HSE Coordinator
Subordinates: HSE Officers
Other interactions: QA&QC Department
Number required: 2
Duration: Permanent Position
Desired start date: May 15th, 2014
Probation: 6 months
Working hours: Sat-Wednesday - 07:30-13:00/14:00-17:30
Travel requirements: No
- BSc. Degree./Diploma in Engineering/Technical Education or Science Graduate.
- NEBOSH, OSHAS, IOSH and any other HSE recognized certifications will be considered.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the field of Health and Safety at construction sites including at least 2 years as HSE Manager
- Health and Safety
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Team Management
- Out of the box-thinking
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Age Range: 30-45
Gender Preference: Male
Language Fluency: English essential
Current Location: Doha, Qatar
About the Company
Harinsa Qatar (HQ) is a main general contractor company.
It belongs to a European International Holding Group, ECISA, a 45 years old General Contractor with a background of 2000 projects.
It is a family owned company and expert on high-rise building construction.