Health and Safety Officer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Reporting to: Site Manager and functionally to the Health and Safety Coordinator for the Division.
The Site Health & Safety Officer assists the Site Manager in the implementation of the Health and Safety Management System.
• Assist the HS Coordinator in writing the Health and Safety plan for their Site.
• Review the Sub-contractors Health and Safety plan and monitor the implementation.
• Review and comment on Sub-contractor Method Statement and Risk Assessment for Site activities.
• Provides subject matter advice to the Site Manager, Construction Manager and Supervisors on jobsite health and safety issues, relative to local and international legislation and Company established rules, regulations and procedures.
• Monitors compliance to the Company Health & Safety Management System by conducting regular inspections and internal auditing of company’s site activities. Ensures that site established HS rules are conspicuously posted.
• Undertakes as a minimum a weekly safety inspection and prepares a report for submittal and review with the Site Manager. This report is also transmitted to the HSE Coordinator, along with weekly HS statistics
• Conduct a daily tour of the working areas and log details of the observations on the Action Tracker Register. Raise Near Miss and Incident Reports when highlighted.
• Report immediately to the Site Manager any serious safety breaches that place workers in life-threatening situations.
• Assist the Site Manager, Construction Manager and Construction Supervisor in undertaking risk assessments and identifying safe systems of work to be recorded in safe work method statements.
• Deliver internal training on health and safety topics to the site team (HSE Officers not to develop training for control and standardizing concerns).
• Undertake a weekly Toolbox Talk with site assigned personnel and ensure that records are maintained.
• Obligated to raise issues lacking traction on the Site to the Divisional Coordinator for action and support.
• Assist Construction Supervisors in delivering Pre-Task Briefings to the workforce on the control measures identified in risk assessments and the safe system of work to be adhered to.
• Deliver the Site Safety Orientation Training for all workers including Subcontractors and visitors prior to starting work or visiting the site.
• Assist the Construction Manager in the development of safety procedures for high-risk activities and assist in briefing of the workforce on their responsibilities under these procedures. Audit against these procedures regularly and report any non-compliance to the Site Manager and HSE Coordinator.
• Complete the incident notification and Conduct investigations and issue a report within to the Site Manager, HS Coordinator and HS Manager (serious incidents must be reported immediately to the DERA Program Manager-Execution).
• Audit the registers and permit systems maintained for lifting equipment, lifting accessories, excavations, confined spaces, hot works, Lock-out/Tag-out, etc.
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• Create and maintain good working relationships on Site enabling buy-in from all required parties to the Health & Safety culture of the company.
• Attend Subcontractor held Toolbox Talk sessions.
Education / Certification Requirements:
• NEBOSH General or International in Construction, Oil and Gas or similar. (Mandatory)
• IOSH, OSHA CSP or equivalent. (Nice to have)
Skills and Experience:
• At least 5 years of experience as an HS Officer or HS Engineer.
• Minimum 7-5 years overall experience, in Construction or Oil and Gas related industries.
• Knowledge in incident investigation, emergency preparedness, permit to work, H2S environment, Confined space entry, electrical safety, etc.
• Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
About the Company
XB Consultants is a London based recruitment consultancy that provides local, international and cross border Recruitment solutions. The company recruits and resources mid to senior level professional staff on a temporary, contract and permanent basis. XB Consultants provides a highly skilled and experienced consultant base for their clients and candidates that is able to act quickly, accurately and proactively on their behalf and consult on realistic market conditions, salary expectations and recruitment timescales.
XB Consultants endeavours to provide an excellent customer focused recruitment service coupled with an intelligent, consultative and honest approach towards its clients and candidates. We maintain service levels of the highest standard to provide quick response times, search accuracy for both clients and candidates and full consultative advice.