After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Health and Safety Officer
The Health and Safety Officer is responsible for implementing the Group’s Health and Safety policies by ensuring that safety policies, practices and compliance with requirements set in the UAE Federal Law No. 8 are followed in order to prevent accidents and health problems. Being safety conscious and alert, the HSO ensures that the Desert Group complies with Federal and local legislation, client policies; in addition to, ensuring that the health and safety system responds to the Group’s needs and changing business environment of the Group and clients.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Safety) or 5 years technical experience in construction site.
• NEBOSH, OSHA or any other HSE training programs approved by Municipality.
• First Aid Instructor level
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation, mainly UAE.
• Computer literate.
• Must have at least 5 years of health and safety experience, out of which 3 years should be of road construction in UAE.
• Ability to write technical reports and correspondence letters.
• Knowledge of safety measures, equipment and technology driven products for health and safety
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Excellent observational skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Proficient in English, Arabic and other Asian or European languages
About the Company
The DESERT GROUP, with its headquarters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is an exclusive selection of businesses focusing on premier landscape leisure and lifestyle solutions in the MENA region. Operating in a highly specialized, integrated environment to ensure quality, DESERT GROUP companies manage large scaled turnkey projects, as well as, selling and distribution of wholesale and retail products.
The DESERT GROUP consists of Desert Landscape, its premier company, pioneering innovative landscaping projects in the United Arab Emirates; Desert Leisure, providing accomplished first rate swimming pools and water features for residential and commercial projects; Desert Turfcare, coordinating supreme turf installation and maintenance services and trading of leading turf products, Dubai Garden Center, offering unique indoor and outdoor plants, pots, furniture and installation services and Wahat al Sahraa, producing and supplying unsurpassed nursery products.
The Desert Group offers an excellent work environment along with opportunities for personal and professional development.