Qatar Telecom (Qtel) is proud to be a full-service telecom provider for the people of Qatar and increasingly, as it expands its operations into overseas markets, for its customers around the world.
Our vision - To be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020 - is succinct, ambitious and achievable.
At Qtel, we are committed to rewarding, nurturing and retaining talent to help our employees achieve their potential. We have institutionalised global best HR practices to identify the potential of our employees and help them hone that talent by offering them a structured career path, counselling, training and development.
We are looking for the best-in-class talent to drive our business and propel our growth. Join us if you are looking for a job that makes the most of your talents.Your job profile will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• To do Operation & Maintenance (O&M) related tasks on IN&CGW equipment and proactive measures to identify both obvious and non obvious problems that potentially might be raised to a certain severity level that will disturb the system.
• To ensure skill transfer and technical assistance to subordinate engineer.
• To support external clients to meet all project objective within proper timeline
• To perform a comprehensive IN&CGW fault/failure/alarm Analysis for identifying/determining the root cause of each fault that could potentially escalate to a higher level of alarm, continued by arranging or performing corrective action to solve it permanently in a timely manner.
• To analyze the daily generated alarm & error logs, report, symptoms and do proactive measure to prevent it become a potential problem eg. trouble shoot if possible or escalates it to appropriate person.
• Analyzing the repeated problems, trends and service degradation, and ensuring that the root causes of the problem is identified & solved permanently
• Analyzing fault from any available output such as: NQS, APC-MNPS, reported customer complaints etc
• Produce trouble ticket to relevant party (Eg .Vendor) with detailed description on any identified problem
• Arrange for the routine and non-routine operation testing and maintenance program for the IN platform in accordance with the equipment manufacturers manual and procedures.
• Ensure all IN&CGW equipment and services being well maintained and properly operated.
• Perform Troubleshooting on any reported problem or receive problem escalation from Asst.IN engineer and perform necessary action to resolve.
• Providing Technical assistance and guidance to the Asst.IN engineer.
• Receive escalation on any unresolved problem by Asst. IN engineer.
• Ensuring skill transfer to the Asst. Engineer reporting to him
• To Work with Vendor to solve on escalated problem:
-Issuing trouble ticket for identified software problem or bug
-Ensuring the vendor to response and resolve the problem reported to meet the agreed service level
-Coordination with vendor to solve the escalated problem such as collecting of all required symptoms or logs that required
-Work with vendor on correction or patch implementation
• Regarding any new service/platform or system. IN Engineer have to:
-Give pro active feedback to Planning & Evolution/IN Senior Engineer that cater all operations concerns
-Follow up project plan to ensure each task is completed within its specified target date
-Perform ATP to ensure all operation requirements for handover are fulfilled
• Having coordination with teams and related parties:
-Provide technical and analysis data to teams and other teams such as: NMC, Core Network, Planning& Evolution, International and Customer service teams
-Work together with other teams to find root cause such as Core Network Team (MSC, VAS, GPRS, HLS, IT)
• The Job holder is accountable responsibilities a number of Network Elements:
1. IN&CGW related equipment such as :
- ALU - IN : ALCATEL-LUCENT 2 nodes (CSB ,APC)
- MVPN : ERICSSON 1 node (ABH)
- OL : COMPTEL 1 node (ABH)
- PL : COMPTEL 1 node (ABH)
- SL : COMPTEL 1 node (ABH)
- Rater : COMPTEL 1 node (ABH)
- USSD GATE WAY : SYMSOFT 1 node (APC)
- CS4.0 : ERICSSON 2 nodes (APC,ABH)
• IN&CGW services related that commercially launched to Qtel customer such as: P2P, CMB, CC, CB, USSD MENU, MATRIXES
• All operational decision supporting in accordance with Standard and Operating Procedure
• All problem related to emergency cases
• Since the job holder generate the routine duties/ responsibilities for executing maintenance in accordance with work order and schedule from the superior, the superior generate the scope of work, work schedule to be implemented by the job holder
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 - 6 years experience on the same field.
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.