IT Data Base Administrator
Report To: IT Manager
Bachelors Degree or equivalent IT qualification, proven experience working in a technical DBA / engineer capacity with a minimum of two years in a similar role. Experience with maintenance and continuous DBA development of Web based SQL .Net applications and database technology. Familiarity of the following packages – Win2K3, Win2K3 Active Directory structure, Exchange 2K3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages, sound working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies Oracle, SQL, .Net. Hardware and Software installations to required company standards. Familiarity in a multi-server – site environment, with the ability to effectively plan maintenance of computer systems and software.
1. To provide assistance to internal staff in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring prompt responses to enquiries
2. Supply of Database Administration, IT technical support including PC hardware trouble –shooting, re imaging, PC set ups, Backups, upgrades and general maintenance
3. Carrying out system evaluation and recommending improvements
4. Conduct a prompt and professional IT support system to all customers
5. Providing technical user support to all levels of the business through excellent customer services skills
6. To provide and develop back up and recovery plans and procedures
7. Development of software solutions in accordance with specific business requirements
8. Update and maintenance of the Asset management for the IT department
9. Edit, install and verification of email settings for staff
10. Liaising with local operations teams to supply adequate IT technical support as directed including PC hardware trouble-shooting, re imaging, PC set up’s, general updates and maintenance
11. Management of Anti Virus control and relevant maintenance of
12. To carry out daily checks of the Database/Server / Infrastructure Environment
Desired Professional Skills:
An ability to multitask and work to deadlines in order to complete required workload. Strong analytical skills, with the ability to problem solve effectively and provide business analysis and reporting. Contribution to the achievement of targets in a high performance culture. Excellent interpersonal skills with a flair for building quick rapports with both internal and external customer base Experienced in password administration and associated best practices. Awareness of Information Security Principles. Flexible and able to multitask as required, work independently and effectively manage teams to deliver exceptional outcomes. Performance focused – works to targets and deadlines. Resilience and resourcefulness. Excellent time management skills. Outstanding customer service skills to assist with front line staff enquiries. Is able to maintain and develop effective systems using strong planning and organizational skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Parkhouse Bell Human Resources Consultancy that specialises in delivering HR services to education, manufacturing, retail, oil&gas, IT, and healthcare companies.
Founded in 2006, we now operate out of London, Dubai, and Brisbane delivering series internationally.
Our core services are:
We have placed candidates at all levels from the front line to the board, and source staff on a permanent, contract and temporary basis.
All our consultants are specialists in the sector and we have a true understanding of the intricacies of doing business in a challenging economic and political environment. Integral to our way of working is our understanding of the importance of client and candidate confidentiality. Our ethos is one of providing a personal service and value for money.
Parkhouse Bell's success so far has been based on honesty, openness and a willingness to listen to our clients' needs.