IT Help Desk Officer
This is an outsourced position for a bank
Candidates based in Bahrain, only need apply
Regional IT Helpdesk Officer (outsourced position – for a bank)
NOTE: Candidate applying must be based in Bahrain only
PURPOSE OF THE HELPDESK
The IT Helpdesk team, located in Bahrain, is responsible to ensure that the first level of support operates as a highly professional service which meets the needs of the company in terms of providing quality end user support for IT related issues.
The responsibility of the Regional IT Helpdesk Officer includes, but not limited to the following duties within Bahrain and in the GCC branches:
- Performing 1st level of IT Support which includes answering calls and emails from end users in a timely manner,
- Properly logging requests for assistance to the Helpdesk Software according to the agreed standards and procedures and following up on these requests to make sure they are resolved within defined SLAs,
- Responding to requests for assistance by providing first line response to enable callers to solve their problems, or by forwarding details to second line support or advising third party suppliers while following escalation procedures, and maintaining accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow up information,
- Installation of IT related hardware (PCs, laptops, printers),
- Recording, reporting, follow up, and escalation of IT incidents to Line Manager.
- Performing IT Production activities, including periodic tasks,
- Assisting in the coordination of the movement of equipment,
- Any other duties commensurate to the grade and as requested by Management.
- Daily, Weekly and monthly activities Reporting to Line manager.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA) is desirable.
- Proven experience of troubleshooting issues related to workstations, printers, peripherals and networked equipment (minimum 2 years working experience is required)
- Experience with Lotus Notes client.
- Strong Windows XP skills.
- Strong Windows 7 skills
- Good Microsoft Office tools knowledge.
- Good Microsoft Outlook .
- Experience with Helpdesk software is desirable.
- Good command of English, spoken and written.
- Flexible to work shifts, week-ends & public holidays
- Methodical approach to problem solving using appropriate tools
- Strictness and sense of organization
- Self motivated
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Accountability and transparency
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Rigorous and responsible
- Excellent team player and end user satisfaction oriented skills
- Ability to interact effectively with multiple teams within IT and in other business areas.
- Efficient and conscientious record keeper
- Ability to communicate information effectively to a third party
About the Company
About the Company
Rhine Resources is a one stop professional service provider specialising in:
* Human Asset Recruitment, Talent Acquisition & Recruitment Process Outsourcing
* Information Technology Services & Staff Augmentation
* Facilities Managed Services.
* Event Management
Head Office: The Kingdom of Bahrain with affiliate offices in Mumbai, Hyderabad & Chennai, India
Operations cover: Middle East, Asia and North Africa
Team: HR, IT & Finance professionals’ expertise with over 25 years of successful career & business experience across the Middle East.