IT & MMS Manager
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to lead and manage Dubai Metro ICT & MMS team to provide comprehensive technical support and development of the information systems, and technical support of the maintenance management systems (MMS) for Serco Dubai Metro in line with RTA IT policy and Serco IS standards
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· To lead the IT & MMS Team of Dubai Metro and ensure all IT & MMS maintenance requirements of Serco Project are adhered to a timely and accurate manner
· To ensure that the project is compliant with SMS IS policy and raise any matters to SME IT of noncompliance
· Assist the Head of Engineering to formulate and implement the organizational IT&MMS availability strategy and direction including planning, management, implementation and allocation of resources to IT&MMS maintenance and IT system development;
· Establish an effective maintenance team and manage the appointed contractors to achieve the desired level of system reliability and availability and deliver the required service and product with the least cost;
· Establish the IT&MMS system's O&M performance standards and methods for measuring performance, regular review and evaluate the O&M performance of the IT&MMS System;
· Prepare and compile IT&MMS evaluation reports on a regular basis on the performance of the IT&MMS system;
· Supervise and oversee all aspects of IT administration and IT&MMS maintenance management including O&M procedures and instructions, technical specifications, disaster recovery plans, system backup schedules and safety and quality plans;
· Identify and analyse opportunities for cost savings that can be discussed with the senior management for implementation.
· In close coordination with the MMS Development section, manage the implementation of the full functions of the MMS, as delivered by the system supplier.
· Provide IT system development services to the Engineering & Maintenance department, as required.
· Provide IT system reporting expertise and service to the wider Serco Dubai Metro organisation, as required by the needs of the business.
· Manage changes to the configuration of the IT assets, in order to minimize downtime and ensure that changes are implemented in a controlled and effective manner.
· Develop and implement a Dubai Metro Systems Security policy and procedure, which encompasses all Metro IT (Rail Systems and IT) Systems.
· Carry out regular reviews on disaster recovery procedures and backup measures on IT&MMS systems to ensure the continuous availability and improvements;
· Provide training, support and guidance on IT systems the wider O&M organisation;
· Carry out 24-hour on-call responsibility for incidents and emergency within its section;
· Undertake regular and formal reviews of with IT & MMS team
· Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Head of Engineering.
- Technical, Financial and People Accountabilities Meeting the Key Performance Indicators according to the targets agreed with the Head Engineering
- Manage the IT&MMS maintenance matters within the Engineering & Maintenance Department to ensure outputs delivered are to an appropriate standard, on time and within budget.
· Ideally a degree holder or higher diploma in computer science or computing engineering discipline or equivalent;
· Specialised knowledge in the implementation of IBM Maximo within a large-scale engineering maintenance environment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions;
· Ability to continually seek opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationship;
· Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills at all level with the ability to train, assess and motivate staff.
· Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years, work experience in the IT development and maintenance including operating systems and application platforms, networking, IT security, system analysis, business application development, email services, and help-desk support;
· Minimum 2 years of management experience with the ability to manage IT development with an aim to maximise the availability of IT systems;
· Experience in managing the implementation of a maintenance management system ( preferably IBM Maximo ) into a large scale engineering maintenance organization
· Experience of managing the availability of an engineering maintenance management system.
· Experience in IT administration and management, O&M procedures and instructions, technical specifications, disaster recovery plans, system backup schedules and safety and quality plans; Keep abreast of new developments in networking, software and hardware
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.