Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
Transportation We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Point of contact for interaction with Q Tel to support the specialist Port technology
2. Provide first, second, and third line support to in-country, travelling or remotely located project team members for all IT infrastructure and systems required to perform successful execution of the project.
3. Develop an IT organisation chart.
4. Provide a secure stand-alone Project Network.
5. Develop a comprehensive project IT Plan that will define the overall IT strategy and will be an integral part of the overall Project Execution Plan. The plan will include:
- Portfolio of applications required to execute the project
- Implementation plans for each major functional application
- IT safety plan
- IT scope definition
- Information security management system
- Financial analysis, cost estimate, and budget
- Client project network design, implementation and support strategy
- End-user training plan
- IT infrastructure standards
- Network design and topology
- Information systems/applications standards
- Systems integration/data warehousing
- Overall system implementation schedule/signoff register
- Disaster recovery/business continuity plan
6. To define the project-wide standards of acceptable formats and version control of all electronic date submissions.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT, Network Engineering or other relevant field.
Specific Skills required
1. Working knowledge of various hardware and software programs related to the establishment and maintenance of internal networks, LANs and WANs.
2. Knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals such as CPUs, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, printers and modems.
3. Knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software and hardware.
4. Techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical user.
5. Excellent Arabic and English language capabilities (oral & written).
1. Must be pro-active, adaptable and a motivated team player.
2. Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Good writing skills.
4. Able to set priorities and meeting critical time deadlines.
5. Flexible to work assignments.
Minimum 10+ years working experience in IT or Network Engineering with special emphasis on Port Technology.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.