Purpose of Job
The purpose of the job is to support the smooth running of the production applications and infrastructure under the guidance of Manager (IT/AV) and Assistant Manager (IT/AV).
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Key Job Responsibilities
· Supports the running of the production applications and infrastructure
· Works closely with Manager – IT/AV to ensure a continuous, stable and efficient environment
· Provides 24/7 first line standby / support
· Create temporary fixes within systems to achieve Service Level Agreements
· Investigates data / system inconsistencies reported by users
· Provides technical advice and consultation to the business
· Participates in and co-ordinates systems handover process (OSSP)
· Acquires and applies knowledge of business processes, procedures, policies and practises
· Communicates effectively regarding support- related activities
· Responsible for capacity monitoring
· Develop and administer data backup protocol
· Recommend and administer virus protection software to ensure data integrity.
· Ensure compliance with the company IMS relevant to the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Relevant IT qualification plus 5 years in a technical support environment.
· Knowledge of Mainframe, client servers, workflow, change control process, helpdesk procedures, batch and online.
· Proven experience in optimising directory structures and ensuring security of Data through proven backup procedures.
· Proven experience in maintaining structured cabling
· Proven experience in switches, swithcing, netwroks, firewalls and routing
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.