Six Sigma project selection
Program and project management
Data management and data mining:Planning of data collection, Extraction of required data from complex databases. Improvement of data quality (imputation, data cleaning, ), Data transformation and processing (e.g. aggregation, dimension reduction), Design and production of reports to support management decisions
Advanced modeling and hypothesis testing
(Offering consult on) automation of reporting and data analysis
Advising and supporting business strategy development/improvement
Transfer of six sigma knowledge and training of colleagues
(Master) Black Belt certification. Green belt certification can be considered.
Master or PhD degree in economics, actuarial sciences, statistics or mathematics, econometrics and must have passed the health insurance exam and must be at least half way through the actual exams.
- Knowledge of database architecture and extraction of data
- Knowledge of handling and transforming data as well as advanced techniques of data quality improvement
- Knowledge of data mining, visualization and reporting
- Knowledge of various multivariate statistical techniques (clustering, PCA, factor analysis, )
- Pre: Knowledge of advanced regression/predictive modeling techniques (estimation algorithms, hypothesis tests on model parameters, interpretation of results, forecasting approaches), model evaluation (goodness of fit) and variable selection approaches
- Substantiated knowledge of relational database language, especially SQL
- Long-time experience in handling of statistical software like SAS, SPSS, R,
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to motivate and operate effectively with people at all levels of the business
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to successfully manage medium size projects
- Strong execution skills and development of leadership skills
Additional skills (which are a plus):
Experience in insurance business, especially health insurance
Experience in the healthcare industry
Experience in project management (section lead/managerial position)
Knowledge of authorization and claims adjudication systems
Knowledge of clinical coding systems (CPT-4, ICD-9, )
Knowledge of prediction tools like neural networks, CART,
Basic knowledge in Arabic language
About the Company
About the Company
A milestone in the history of health care within the UAE; Daman was formed on the 26th September, 2005 and became the UAEs first specialized National Health Insurance Company.
Daman was initially established to cater to the growing health insurance market in the UAE, whilst maintaining exclusive direct access to the many public providers in Abu Dhabi. Daman offers a wide range of technical products with added benefits, extended policy limits and wider geographical coverage. Through a broad global provider network, Daman offers its clients complete comprehensive solutions as required by combining technical and basic products.