Information Systems Infrastructure Engineer Team Lead
Atkins Middle East
· Manage 2 Support Engineer Staff within CPO Office.
· Operation and maintenance of the server and storage Infrastructure. To include service monitoring, capacity management, availability management
· Operation and maintenance of the secure network Infrastructure. To include service monitoring, capacity management, availability management
· Operation and maintenance of the client services for secure networks.
· Liaise with the third party service providers to deliver maximum performance
· Ensure the CPO IS server infrastructure is appropriately secured.
· Operate the CPO server and storage infrastructure to agreed service levels
· Work closely with the other functions within ICT Management to realise the Secure Network Services goals are met
· Provide operational input into the design and deploy processes as required
· Provide technical expertise in the resolution of incidents
· Undertake appropriate training to accept new technical solutions
· Ensure agreed KPI’s are understood and achieved
· Ensure business continuity plans are understood, deliverable and rehearsed
· Contribute to the design of any new secure services
· Contribute to the strategy and roadmap of secure network services within area of technical expertise.
- Degree in relevant field
- ITIL Certification
- Microsoft Certified
- NetApp experience
- Prince 2
- Management Experience
- Strong leadership and people management
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem) and must have the initiative, perseverance and commitment to see problems through to resolution
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Ability to build and maintain efficient working relationships
- Demonstrate ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- Ability to motivate and improve the overall team performance and service levels
- Ability to plan and prioritise your own and your teams work effectively
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the Customer and Group IS organisations
- Strong presentation skills and ability to visualize and implement breakthrough process improvements
- Service orientated and able to work in an end-to-end process model (BMS)
- Have exposure to and understanding of ITIL processes
- Follow and adhere to Group IS Standards
· Practical experience and knowledge in server technologies (Microsoft)
· Understanding of aspects of Active Directory and implementation of policies
· Knowledge of application delivery through Microsoft platforms
· Good understanding of server hardware platforms and technologies
· Practical experience in all aspects of server operation in an enterprise environment
· Familiarisation with the review, and forward planning, of technical issues.
· General technical knowledge of IT products – hardware, software & services
· Practical experience in aspects of network installation and operation
· Knowledge of network technologies and hardware including Cisco routers, firewalls and switches.
· Practical knowledge and experience of network management platforms
About the Company
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the world’s major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
• focus on quality
• seek world class design and excellence
• strive to add value
• be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).